Thursday, August 14, 2014

Swoon Thursday (32) Seven Years

The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme. Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering. 

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog! I want to know & so do the gals at YABound!

"What present?" I stopped drumming my fingers and cleared my throat. Austin bought me a gift?

After a few seconds of clenching his jaw, he finally swung his left arm around from behind his back.

I sucked in a sharp breath. "Oh. My. God."

Lollipops. My absolute all-time favorite candy and he'd made them into a bouquet.  When my face began to hurt, I realized it was because I was smiling so hard the corners of my mouth were getting introduced to my ears.  Austin didn't lift his eyes but had a defeated look on his face as he turned the candy in his hand and stared at it.

"I wanted to surprise you and... it was obviously a dumb idea.  You're not twelve anymore and I should have gotten you something better.  Perfume, or real flowers."

Seven Years Kindle Location 4533

There is something to be said about a man who absolutely knows his gal. Sure, flowers are nice- so is perfume. But a candy bouquet means he pays attention.

3 comments:

  1. So glad he went with the candy. Definitely shows he cares.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every girl wants their favourite sweet, that is so cute!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hell no - that was a perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete