Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Review: Jordyn




Author: Tiffany King
Format: e-book
Print Length: 280 pages
Publisher: self-published
Published: Feb. 9, 2013

Hand to hand combat training: Check
Cardio and strength training: Check
Daemon hunting: Check
Anomaly: Check

Check, check, check, check...That's all my life is. There's nothing ordinary about me. I'm "special." I know this because I'm reminded of it every stinking day. I can kick a Daemon's ass with both hands tied behind my back. I can run up a mountain without breaking a sweat. Know what I can't do? Get guys to notice me, or hang out with friends like normal people do. I can't just be ordinary because I have an Arch Angel for a mentor who is always breathing down my neck, and a family of angelic Guides and Protectors who scrutinize every little thing I do. Just for a day I want a life where I'm no longer some anomaly, where I don't have to feel like a lab rat.

And then I met Emrys. Okay, so my mentor and family hate him, but probably for good reason. After-all, he is a Soul Trader, and they aren't the most trust worthy beings. But, he is sooo hot with his green eyes, leather jacket and the sexiest tattoo you've ever seen running down his back. And-he doesn't treat me like a project.

I've got myself in quite a little quandary here. Choosing between my responsibilities, and the Trader that holds my heart is something I didn't sign up for. Torn between two different worlds, I must now decide who to trust and who to walk away from. What's a girl to do? See what I mean? I am an anomaly. I am Jordyn.

My Opinion 


Jordyn was in a bad car accident last year, one that left her in a coma. When she awoken she remembered nothing and her parents were gone. Haniel (her uncle who happens to be an Arch Angel) took to her life with her Aunt Krista and Uncle Mark. Krista and Mark are not like any uncle/aunt that you have, they are soul mates. Krista is a guide and Mark is a protector. 

Jordyn is different from her aunt and uncle. She is a better fighter, heals faster and she has no link- no soul mate. She claims to be okay with this but truth be told, would you be okay with it? She longs for that connection that her relatives have. Asking her mentor, gets her no answers and tends to tick her off.

I feel bad for Jordyn, especially since she is the only one in her family without a link. Everyone talks about how special she is but that just makes her feel like well a freak among freaks. Then she meets Emerys and her family freaks out, going into protective overdrive. I mean seriously- give the girl a break. I did think she whined a lot and some of the phrases that she used were a little off the mark.

Emrys is a Soul Trader, who is suddenly interested in Jordyn. Her family is suspicious but she is not so cautious. He seems nice enough, even following her family rules but I am weary of him. Hopefully, he doesn’t turn bad, or break her heart.

Jordyn was an interesting start to what could be an excellent series. The groundwork is laid, the backstory is told. I am looking forward to where the next story will take us.

My Rating 3 out of 5 stars


Favorite Quote “Because, I’d have to kick some Arch’s ass to get the girl.”


Other People

Krista/Mark- aunt and uncle that Jordyn lives with, protects her
Haniel- Arch angel and mentor- he is hiding something though
Lynn- Jordyn's best friend and a guide
Sam/Shawn- another guide/protector pair

No comments:

Post a Comment