Saturday, March 9, 2013

Review: Better to See You




Author: Kate SeRine
Format: eARC
Print Length: 292 pages
Publisher: eKensington
Published: Feb. 7, 2013 



Once upon a time, a spell went awry and Make Believe characters were cast into the ordinary world. And the results aren’t always happily ever after…



Everyone thinks fairy godmothers can do no wrong. But if not for a certain spell mis-cast by Lavender Seelie, Cinderella’s former fairy godmother, the Tales would not be stuck in the Here and Now. Fortunately for Lavender, she’s about to get a second chance at a happy ending…



The Refuge, a sanctuary for wayward Tales, seems like the perfect place for Lavender to start a new life—especially when she discovers an unexpected ally in Seth, the brooding werewolf who’s been typecast as a villain ever since his run in with Little Red Riding Hood. But when humans from nearby towns start turning up dead, their bodies mutilated with archaic Tale symbols, Lavender wonders if Seth’s deep sensuality has blinded her to the truth. And that distraction could put innocent lives in danger. Including her own… 


My Thoughts


Lavender is at it again- she was the fairy godmother that got the Tales stuck in the Here and Now-our world. Can’t say that I hate though, I love that the Tales are here. This time her spell, well it messed up again but in a totally hilarious way. Now that she made a very powerful and ungrateful couple mad she has to go into hiding. Red sends her to a friend at The Refuge, although she never mentions that the “Friend” is well the big bad wolf, Seth. Seth helps Lavender get back on her feet, literally but bad magic is a foot. Can Lavender figure out who is behind the evil murders, before she gets blamed? Can Seth protect her from those who want to do her harm? Let’s be honest there are a lot of people who want to do her harm- she did get them stuck in the ordinary world.

I will be honest I did not start off liking Lavender. I didn’t like her in the first book. She starts off too self-entitled, too uppity and too well not remorseful. She did become an alcoholic to drown the guilt of her misfired spell, but was that really guilt or more of her pity me. I mean it was her freaking spell that got the entire Tale world transplanted to our world. Hello, some I am sorry would have been nice. But no, she was more woos me. Then someone happens- Seth begins to fall for her.

I loved Seth in the first book, totally felt sorry for him. In this book, I loved how he took a stand, and didn’t take any crap from Lavender. Seth is one of those heroes that takes a beaten and keeps on fighting. As Seth begins to fall for Lavender, she grew on me. I adore how we find out both of their back stories and we are kept up to date on how Red and Nate are doing.

The thing that I love about the Transplanted Tales series, is that I cannot like a main character and still love the book. Kate SeRine is a master storyteller, who directs her characters on the page as well as any film director could. It astonished me how well the story intertwined with the previous one in the series even though the mains were vastly different. The Here and Now is a fabulous world, where the reader will literally get swept into the action that is going on around them. So much so that the reader will be biting their nails until August when the next book in the series comes out.


My Rating 5 stars out of 5 stars


Favorite Quote “I’m the fairy whose sucktacular judgement and giant ego got all us Tales into this freaking mess. And I’v e been paying for it ever since.”


Other Characters


Red- One of Lavender’s only friends, she is also an Enforcer


Nick- The Grim Reaper and Red’s boyfriend 
Tish- Little Miss Muffet, who also is a lead forensic investigator 
Gideon- Lavender’s old boyfriend, and a loyal friend 
Puck- Lavender’s brother, kinda a player oh and he is the mayor of the Refuge

No comments:

Post a Comment