Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (40) Waistcoats and Weaponry

Hey y'all, thanks so much for stopping by my WoW!
Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Class is back in session...
Sophronia continues her second year at finishing school in style--with a steel-bladed fan secreted in the folds of her ball gown, of course. Such a fashionable choice of weapon comes in handy when Sophronia, her best friend Dimity, sweet sootie Soap, and the charming Lord Felix Mersey stowaway on a train to return their classmate Sidheag to her werewolf pack in Scotland. No one suspected what--or who--they would find aboard that suspiciously empty train. Sophronia uncovers a plot that threatens to throw all of London into chaos and she must decide where her loyalties lie, once and for all. 


Gather your poison, steel tipped quill, and the rest of your school supplies and join Mademoiselle Geraldine's proper young killing machines in the third rousing installment in the New York Times bestselling Finishing School Series by steampunk author, Gail Carriger.


Why am I waiting?


Gail Carriger is a master at mixing wit with proper decorum. It is fun to slip into a different time period, and still have strong female leads. Females who question everything like Sophronia does. Plus, I can't wait to see what trouble she gets into.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice! I still need to read the last one but I can't wait for this one either! Already preordered a signed copy with B&N so I'm very excited about that too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting cover! I haven't heard of this author, but this sounds really good! I hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh I love Gail Carriger! Definitely excited for this one too!

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of the books in this series yet. I hope you enjoy reading this one!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ps. Could you please turn off CAPTCHA verification to make it easier to post replies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read this series! lol, it does sound like so much fun, and the author is coming to my local library next month!! Time to get reading! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm new to this meme. Glad you stopped by.
    This sounds like a fun read. Hope you enjoy .

    Happy Wednesday, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of the books in this series yet. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like an interesting series... may have to check it out!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete