Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (19) Mortal Enchantment

Hey y'all, thanks so much for stopping by my WoW!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




In Kalin Matthew's world, elementals control the forces of nature. They are divided into four courts: air, woodland, fire, and water. At sixteen she will leave the life she's built with her mortal mother. Kalin will move to Avalon to rule with her father—the elemental king of the air court. Along the way, she's attacked by a fire court assassin and saved by Rowan, a swoon-worthy elemental with a questionable past. 

Worst of all, she learns her father is missing.

To rescue him, Kalin will have to work with a judgmental council and a system of courts too busy accusing each other of deceit to actually be able to help her. But, they aren’t her biggest challenge. With the Midwinter’s Ball only five days away, Kalin must take over her father’s duties, which includes shifting control of the elements—power Kalin has yet to realize.

As Rowan attempts to train her, a war looms between the four courts. If Kalin fails, her father will die and the courts will fall, but the betrayal she’s about to uncover may cost her even more...

Why I am waiting?

Have you seen the cover?  Amazing!  I have only read two series that involve elementals. Both have been enjoyable and I am hoping that this one will be able to sweep me away like the other two did. There is a prequel The Shadow Prince for free that got great reviews- just downloaded it and will be reading it tonight.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book before, but it sounds really interesting. And the cover is just amazing, thanks for sharing. :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this one but I love that cover! So pretty.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great and I love that cover too. I have to try reading the prequel soon!
    Great pick!

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why whenever I see this book I immediately think Mortal Instruments? Anyway, great pick. It sounds like its gonna be a awesome series

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks really good! going to have to add it to my list as well, wonderful pick

    ReplyDelete
  6. The more I see this series, the more I like it! I'm going to check it out! Thanks for sharing!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I need to read Shadow Prince too. Thanks for sharing .

    ReplyDelete