Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Teaser Tuesday (19) The Immortal Crown


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

From that distinguished tier, she's gone on to join a secret government mission involving the improbably- yet alarmingly real- return of supernatural forces to the world, putting her face to face with atrocities and wonders her fellow countrymen would never believe.

The Immortal Crown by Richelle Mead Kindle Location 22

Don't be deceived by the crown. It may look fragile, but there is power in it. There is power in love and beauty and desire. There is more power in creating life than taking it.

Kindle Location 764

To her astonishment, he pulled her down in a kiss, his body covering hers as he rolled her onto her back. A surreal mix of feelings took hold of Mae as she instinctively wrapped her arms around him, her hands touching his bare flesh.

Kindle Location 2539

I know I know only two sentences. But sometimes a book is just so good that two sentences is not enough. This is one of those times. The Immortal Crown is one of those books that will stick with you. I love the both the hero and the gal are so flawed.

5 comments:

  1. As you know, I rarely stick to the two sentence rule. Love that you broke it this time. Those teasers are great, particularly the last one.

    Mt Tease @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your teasers and I agree with Marilyn, the last one is particularly great!
    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So not a two sentence girl. I tease what I want. Glad you do too.

    Very interesting. I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I LOVE that you shared more than two sentences -- I completely support breaking that rule and find that I do it quite often (aka every Tuesday). These are awesome teases, and I really must start this series soon. Thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by my Teaser. Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What two sentence rule? I never follow that haha. I need to get stated on this series! Richelle Mead is awesome. Love the teasers!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete