**2019 READING STATS**
Number Of Books You Read:163
Number of Re-Reads:13
Genre You Read The Most From: Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance
1. Best Book You Read In 2019?
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
This one has all the elements of a great series. The book starts off solid. The love interest, well that is where is fell short for me. I hated the love interest, he attempted to be all protective alpha male but something was off for me. I hope he does not continue to be the love interest in the next book. I would love for him to well fall off the face of the Earth, but I doubt that will happen.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
5. Best series you started in 2019? Best Sequel of 2019? Best Series Ender of 2019?
I realize my favorite book of 2019 is a sequel however, this one does need to be mentioned…
Best Series Ender
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2019?
This one is hard to decide, so I am just not going to choose. Instead I will highlight both authors.
Chandelle LaVaun- The Coven: Elemental Mage, Academy Magic and School of Magical Arts Series.
Megan Montero- The Royals: Witches Court and Warlock Court.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2019 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2019?
11. Most memorable character of 2019?
Bettina from Academy Magic
Telly from the Warlock Court a close second
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2019?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2019?
Tend to avoid those kinda reads.... If I had to pick than...
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2019 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2019?
“What…the…hell…kind…of”—I swung my fire opal blade at the tentacle around my foot—“…Middle-…earth…bullshit…is…this!” The Wild Witch
"You don’t begrudge me my dirty hottie. He’s like Lucky Charms sinfully delicious.” Wicked Wish
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2019?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Bettina and Jackson from The Coven: Academy Magic Series
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
In a Badger Way is hilariously over the top, shifting craziness with the MacKilligan sisters front and center. I laughed so loudly reading this one. Their sisterly love is shining brightly in this one which makes it just that much better.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2019 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2019 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.:
The Royals: Witches Court- heard about them from the facebook group for Chandelle LaVaun.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2019?
Jackson, The Coven: Academy Magic Series
Logan, The Royals: Warlock Court Series
23. Best 2019 debut you read?
Umm...I never pay attention to this. Opps!
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2019?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2019?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I was so annoyed with this one that I didn’t even review it. I may not continue the series as this book made me so angry. It didn’t even feel like it belonged in this series.
1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2019?
2. Favorite post you wrote in 2019?
Fandom Friday (1) Pride and Prejudice
3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2019:?
4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, etc.)?
No events this year, hopefully some next year.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2019?
In Wicked Omen there is a character that sounds and looks like me. She of course is with Logan and yeah… it made my year 2019 and probably 2020.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Having five kids, with four in extracurriculars as well as one being a toddler. The girls school work now requires a computer for half of all assignments when previously they did not. So my computer is being used half of the time by them.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Review of Heart on Fire
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Fandom Friday (1) Pride and Prejudice
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Facebook groups sponsored by the authors of series. Seriously, my absolute favorite discovery of all of 2019.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I finished the Goodreads challenge- I started off with challenging myself to 100 books, after I suprassed that I went ahead and upped it to 150. I finished the year out with 167. So yeah, pretty proud of myself.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2019 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2020?
Bloodwitch by Susan Dennard. It came out in Feb. and I pre-ordered it but then it got lost in books I had to review. Then life happened and well I never got around to it.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2020 (non-debut)?
Emerald Blaze by Ilona Andrews. This is the second book in the Catalina stories of Hidden Legacy. A series that I have been following since 2014 with Burn for Me- it took three years to convince Avon to continue the series. A long three years where I read everything that Ilona Andrews released hoping to get a glimpse at Mad Rogan and Nevada. Now it’s Catalina’s turn and the first book Sapphire Flames was epic.
3. 2020 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I don’t really pay attention to that kinda stuff. Kinda looking forward to HOOD by Jenny Elder Moke. I think it is a debut.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2020?
Crush The King by Jennifer Estep. The Crown of Shards series is one of my favorites by her and this one is promising to be an epic battle between good and evil. Right and wrong.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2020?
Be more consistent with reviews in 2020. With five kids, life kinda took over this year and their activities prevented me from reviewing as much as I wanted to. Since this is the first year that this has happened I am hoping that it is the only year that it happens. It broke my heart when I realized my last review was in October!
6. A 2020 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):
I haven’t yet- Megan Montero moved up her release date for Wicked Wish to Dec. 31, 2019. This was going to be my 2020 release that I have already read. Still no regrets it was fabulous!