Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (37) The Fine Art of Pretending

Hey y'all, thanks so much for stopping by my WoW!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



According to the guys at Fairfield Academy, there are two types of girls: the kind you hook up with, and the kind you're friends with. Seventeen-year-old Alyssa Reed is the second type. And she hates it. With just one year left to change her rank, she devises a plan to become the first type by homecoming, and she sets her sights on the perfect date—Justin Carter, Fairfield Academy’s biggest hottie and most notorious player.

With 57 days until the dance, Aly launches Operation Sex Appeal and sheds her tomboy image. The only thing left is for Justin actually to notice her. Enter best friend Brandon Taylor, the school’s second biggest hottie, and now Aly’s pretend boyfriend. With his help, elevating from “funny friend” to “tempting vixen” is only a matter of time.

But when everything goes according to plan, the inevitable “break up” leaves their friendship in shambles, and Aly and Brandon with feelings they can’t explain. And the fake couple discovers pretending can sometimes cost you the one thing you never expected to want.

Why I am waiting?

Honestly, I think it is because of the all the teasers that Rachel Harris' is putting on social media sites. They have been great and really captured my interest. I don't usually read contemporary novels and am looking forward to this on.

9 comments:

  1. He He, I just saw this on another site. Definitely adding this one to my TBR in the future pile.

    My WoW @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! This sounds sooooo good! I have seen this around, love the sound of it!

    Here’s My WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been seeing a lot of this! Not my kind of read but still hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such an entertaining read. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I'll have to look at the teasers. It does sound cute and fun though (which matches the cover perfectly.) :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like such a fun read! Contemporary is a genre I'm trying to read more of, but I usually end up falling back on my tried and tested Fantasy/Sci-fi's, eek! Think I might give it a go, great pick! :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cover of this one. It sounds like such a sweet and fun read! Definitely adding it to my tbr, thanks for sharing! :D
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love books like this. It just sounds right up my alley. I can't wait to read it, thanks for sharing!
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete