Sunday, September 18, 2016

Review: Eternal Sacrifice

Author Stacey O”Neale
Format e-book
Print Length 300 pages
Publisher Phoenix Reign Publishing
Published June 28, 2016

he explosive conclusion to Stacey O’Neale’s award-winning Mortal Enchantment series reveals the secrets of the fantasy world!

Valac has stolen two of the sacred objects. In a bid to rule all four courts, he has threatened to use Excalibur to cut the mist that protects Avalon—ultimately ending the lives of thousands of elementals. As the Akasha, Kalin has the power to stop him. And she refuses to lose anyone else she loves.

Will she have to sacrifice herself to save them?

Desperate to save Kalin’s life, Rowan searches for the long-lost creator of the mist. But what he finds is the very last thing he expected. Everything he thought he knew about his past is turned upside down, and he questions whether he’s meant to be the savior or the elemental that destroys them all.

Told from Kalin, Rowan, and Marcus’s perspective, the final installment to the series follows their journey of courage, duty, sacrifice, and love.

My Opinion


***May contain spoilers from previous books***

Eternal Sacrifice starts off right where Fragile Reign (my favorite book in the series) ends. Kalin is now the queen of the Air Elementals. While her people are still in mourning she has not a minute to catch her breathe. Valac is still out there, and still threating to cut the barrier that allows protection for the elementals. At the end of Fragile Reign we find that the only way to prevent destruction is with the Akasha, Kalin giving up her life. Rowan refuses to accept this and goes on a journey to find another way.

I was skeptical at first when I found out that this would be told in three points of view- Kalin, Rowan and Marcus’. I wasn’t sure how he would play into the mix and I was worried that it would take away from my Rowan time. A little selfish I am sure, but hey at least I am woman enough to admit it. His voice added a special element to the story. The events that unfold do so rapidly and it was nice to see when he was the voice of reason, as well as when he had to be reasoned with.

The connection these characters (Kalin, Rowan, Marcus and Ariel) have to each other is pretty hard core. It gives the book the added boost it need to push it from a good book to a great book. I cannot say enough about how four individuals truly understand each other. I know I am suppose to like Selene now, but I don’t. I think Ariel and Marcus would be disappointed, I am okay with that. She just rubs me the wrong way. 

At one point in the book, I did have tweet- why? Why? Why? As well as a bit of how could you? I hoped it was as painful for the author as it was for me. She assured me that it was. I understood the why at the end. It was getting there that had me fuming mad, and a bit on edge. I loved getting Rowan’s back story- that was yeah…. I loved it.

Ultimately, this book comes down to choices. How the decisions we make have a rippling effect on those we love and those we hate. Can Kalin, Rowan and Marcus make the right decisions? Kalin comes into her own in this one, realizing what had to be done. She was the right mixed of young adult with an old soul.

If you want a book that will have your heart racing and your emotions on alert, pick this one up. Start with the first book in the series though.

My Rating 4 out of 5 stars


Favorite Quote “Forgiveness is the only path to peace.”


Other People

Marcus- Fire Elemental and Rowan’s bestie
Ariel- Air Elemental and Kalin’s bestie
Selene- Rowan’ sister

No comments:

Post a Comment