Friday, January 25, 2019

Fandom Friday (4) Fantasy

Hey y’all, thanks so much for stopping by my FF!

Fandom Friday is a weekly meme that highlights, various fandoms. Typically those that I am definitely a part of, sometimes those that I am not a part of but do feel strongly should have a fandom surrounding them.

Taken from Encyclopedia Britannica:

Fantasy- imaginative fiction dependent for effect on strangeness of setting (such as other worlds or times) and of characters (such as supernatural or unnatural beings). Examples include William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Jonathan Swift’s Gulliver’s Travels, J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings, and T.H White’s The Once and Future King.

Various aspects found in fantasy novels include the following:

They may have aspects of animals/toys behaving like human beings (talking, emotions and actions). Magical powers/objects, alternative worlds, an adventure with a quest of some sort, usually a battle between good and evil. Regardless of what aspect they have the reader is often entertained for hours.

Why I am a fan?

How can I not be a fan? Magic, adventure, the struggles of the hero/heroine, the battle of good and evil. Fantasy brings all my favorites together and wraps them in a nice little book, if I am really excited it may even have a bow on it. How am I kind with all of my kids I sure do use the e-reader way more than I ever dreamed of. Sometimes they even have a map in them. Yes, I am excited about a map- who wouldn’t be?

Here are a few of my favorite series (both traditionally published and self-published as well as some hybrids authors)

The Witchlands


The Kingmaker Chronicles



The Transplanted Tales Series



Shadow Falls Series


Polls and quizzes one could take:



Merchandise:


Image result for chronicles of narnia merchandise

Memes:












via GIPHY

Gifs:

via GIPHY


via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment