Friday, January 11, 2019

Fandom Friday (2) Harry Potter

Hey y’all, thanks so much for stopping by my FF!

Fandom Friday is a weekly meme that highlights, various fandoms. Typically those that I am definitely a part of, sometimes those that I am not a part of but do feel strongly should have a fandom surrounding them.






Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone was published in the United States in 1998, a year after it was released in the United Kingdom under the name Harry Potter and the Philopspher’s Stone. The first three books in the series were published in the United Kingdom first and then later in the United States. The fourth and remaining books were published on the same day in both countries. 


As with Pride and Prejudice, this book was rejected by a lot of publishing companies. That is until an editor at Bloomsbury gave the first chapter to his daughter Alice, who upon reading it demanded more. The publishing company is the one what suggested J.K. Rowling as the author’s name so that boy readers would still read the series.


Why I am a fan?


I wasn’t to begin with. The first book was published in the United States the year I graduated high school. I didn’t want to read a children’s book. It wasn’t until my Intro to Early Childhood Education class, several years later that I picked it up. It was required reading and that is when I fell into the fandom hole.

As you should already know there is a huge Fandom out there for this series. With the movies, the prequels and amusement parks how could a fandom be avoided? Dare I even mention the fanfiction written? There are even cookbooks on how to make some of the food found in the books.

Harry Potter polls and quizzes one could take:



Harry Potter events:






Harry Potter merchandise:



Harry Potter Memes:




Harry Potter Gifs:





via GIPHY




via GIPHY

1 comment:


  1. Nice post i love to read it you work well and also your writing style super good.Awesome post keep it up. I like your post you work well. Entire post really Awesome! Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. It's really shows. i read you all post i love to read your post and you work well. harry potter pick up lines

    ReplyDelete