Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2018 End Of Year Survey


**2018 READING STATS** 


Number Of Books You Read: 77 new books

Number of Re-Reads: 10 re-reads

Genre You Read The Most From: Paranormal Romance 



1. Best Book You Read In 2018? 

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? 


House of Darken by Jaymin Eve (who you should know is on my auto one-click). This one was good just not as great as some of her other series. 

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?


Torment by Scarlett Dawn (something happens in this book that I wasn’t expecting and let’s just say it really upset me). 


4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)? 



Kill the Queen by Jennifer Estep (I am at six people having read it and loving it.)

5. Best series you started in 2018? Best Sequel of 2018? Best Series Ender of 2018? 


Series starter- Hot and Badgered by Shelly Laurenston 



Best Sequel- Sightwitch by Susan Dennard


Series ender- Undercover Attraction by Katee Robert 




6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2018? 

Shelly Laurenston ended up binge reading her Pride series, her Magnus Pack series and started the Honey Badger Chronicles by her all this year. 

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone? 


 I don’t normal read contemporary romance. 

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year? 


9. Book You Read In 2018 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year? 


Kill the Queen by Jennifer Estep the sequel comes out in 2019 and so of course I will have to re-read it before that happens. 

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2018? 




11. Most memorable character of 2018? 


Blayne Thorpe in Beast Behaving Badly by Shelly Laurenston. She had me laughing just about every two pages. 

Here is a teaser as to why: 

“You're not going to kill me, skin me, and wear my head as a hat?” 

Yeah she really did ask that to someone. 

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2018? 


Not really sure what you are asking for here as I try to leave serious books behind in favor of things I actually like. 

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2018? 


I try to leave serious books behind in favor of things I actually like. So unless you consider that all of the books I read have allowed me to escape reality I am going to pass on this one. 

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2018 to finally read? 


Undercover Attraction by Katee Robert. I had been waiting for this one in 2017 like is was nobody’s business. Then in late October, I had a baby and forgot it was coming out. Babies will do that to you. 


15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2018? 


“What is life except perception?” Sightwitch by Susan Dennard 



16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2018? 



Shortest book Belonging to the dragon by Kara Lockharte 123 pages 

Longest book Magic and Alphas by various authors 2,182 pages

17. Book That Shocked You The Most 


Torment by Scarlett Dawn- something happens that broke my heart and crushed it to the ground. 


18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) 


Evie and Sullivan in Kill the Queen by Jennifer Estep 



19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year 


Taran and her sisters in Of Flame and Fate by Cecy Robson 


20. Favorite Book You Read in 2018 From An Author You’ve Read Previously 



21. Best Book You Read In 2018 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.: 

Pride Mates by Jennifer Ashley (Val from Stuck in Books recommended this one). 


22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2018? 


Ric Van Holtz from the Pride series by Shelly Laurenston 


23. Best 2018 debut you read? 


Ummm… not really sure I read one this year… 


24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year? 







25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read? 



26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2018? 




27. Hidden Gem Of The Year? 



28. Book That Crushed Your Soul? 



Gone Hunting by Cecy Robson but in a good way… had no clue what she was planning with prequel and it just crushes your soul but in a good way.

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2018? 



30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)? 






1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2018? 



2. Favorite post you wrote in 2018? 


I really like my Book Trailer Saturday posts. 

3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2018? 


Ummm...I didn't...

4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, etc.)? 


I really like pre-order campaigns such as the one for Bloodwitch right now by Tor Teen. 

4. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2018? 


I love it when @entangledpub tweets questions and then replies to my answers-makes me feel important. 

5. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year? 

Responding to other blogs- we moved our two oldest girls into where our office use to be and now my desk is in the master bedroom. I feel guilty if hubby is sleeping and I am trying to type. So I kind of let it fall off this year. It is my goal for 2019 though. 

6. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)? 

Lazy Days of Summer Giveaway 

7. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love? 


All the Book Trailer Saturday posts, I love book trailers and hope that authors/publishers keep making them. 

8. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)? 

I added a few more book related youtube videos to my list but that is about it.

9. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year? 


My reading challenge was to read 75 books- which I technically did although the Goodreads challenge is only recognizing 77 of them. My personal challenge was to review a 100 books, which I did not do. Having kids sometimes does hinder reviewing time. 





1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2018 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2019? 


2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2019 (non-debut)? 

3. 2019 Debut You Are Most Anticipating? 


4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2019? 




5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2019? 


To respond more to other blogs- I really stink at this. 

6. A 2019 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable): 


Nightchaser by Amanda Bouchet here is the link to my review and guess what? It released today! 











No comments:

Post a Comment