Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (45) Fate of Flames


Hey y'all, thanks so much for stopping by my WoW!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Four girls with the power to control the elements and save the world from a terrible evil must come together in the first epic novel
in a brand-new series.

When Phantoms—massive beasts made from nightmares and darkness—suddenly appeared and began terrorizing the world, four girls, the Effigies, each gained a unique power to control one of the classical elements: earth, air, fire, and water. Since then, four girls across the world have continually fought against the Phantoms, fulfilling their cosmic duty. And when one Effigy dies, another girl gains her power as a replacement.

But now, with technologies in place to protect the world’s major cities from Phantom attacks, the Effigies have stopped defending humanity and, instead, have become international celebrities, with their heroic feats ranked, televised, and talked about in online fandoms.

Until the day that New York City’s protection against the Phantoms fails, a man seems to be able to control them by sheer force of will, and Maia, a high school student, unexpectedly becomes the Fire Effigy.

Now Maia has been thrown into battle with three girls who want nothing to do with one another. But with the first human villain that the girls have ever faced, and an army of Phantoms preparing for attack, there isn’t much time for the Effigies to learn how to work together.

Can the girls take control of their destinies before the world is destroyed forever?

Why I am Waiting?


An elemental book! It is an elemental book! It has been a while since I read a good elemental book and I so need one.

6 comments:

  1. This is a new title to me and, I must say, it sounds really good! I noted it down, hope you truly enjoy the read :)

    Thanks for sharing, here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! Seeing this one around a bit lately! Looks intriguing! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got the ARC of this! I haven't had time to read any of it besides the first chapter, but it really drew me in! If only I had more time! I do want to read it before the end of the year though! Plus, the cover is just stunning!

    Here is my WoW!

    Have a great week!
    Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is new to me, but it sounds really good. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd been really excited to read this book, but it ended up disappointing me badly. It's been getting mixed reviews. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic week, Angela. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This sounds like a great read... I can see why you have it on your WOW list... I might have to as well!

    ReplyDelete