Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (3) Assassin’s Heart



Hey y'all, thanks so much for stopping by my WoW!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


In the kingdom of Lovero, nine rival Families of assassins lawfully kill people for a price. As a highly skilled member of one of these powerful clans, seventeen-year-old Lea Saldana has always trusted in the strength of her Family. Until she awakens to find them murdered and her home in flames. The Da Vias, the Saldanas’ biggest enemy, must be responsible—and Lea should have seen it coming. But her secret relationship with the Da Vias’ son, Val, has clouded her otherwise killer instinct—and given the Da Vias more reason than ever to take her Family down.

Racked with guilt and shattered over Val’s probable betrayal, Lea sets out to even the score, with her heart set on retaliation and only one thought clear in her mind: make the Da Vias pay.

With shades of The Godfather and Romeo and Juliet, this richly imagined fantasy from debut author Sarah Ahiers is a story of love, lies, and the ultimate vengeance.

Why am I waiting?


Fantasy is not my normal read but come on y'all- her loves family kills her own. Vengence is on her mind- and they are liking it to The Godfather! The real question here is why aren't you waiting with me?

16 comments:

  1. Lol. Why indeed. This one sounds like it has a bit of everything! Romance, mafia-like-ties, assassins! A sprinkle of magic... Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good read!
    Here is my pick: https://bookdustmagic.wordpress.com/2016/01/20/waiting-on-wendesday-2-summer-nights-at-the-moonlight-hotel-by-jane-costello/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popular pick lately! Seeing it around a lot it seems! Hope you will enjoy it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I can't wait to read this one either.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks so great! I'm not the biggest fan of fantasy, but I really want to read it.
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, this sounds SO AWESOME!! Haven't heard of it before, either, so thanks for featuring it! You had me at "Romeo and Juliet". But you know, this also reminds me of "Throne of Glass". Exciting!!

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my own WOW post!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely excited about this one as well! Awesome pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I've been eyeing this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my most anticipated 2016 debut novels! I mean come on assassins has me sold already but everything else just brings it that much higher.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh! This one does look good! I hope you love it! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought this book was pretty! Nothing special, but good. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one is totally new to me. Nice pick. I think I'll join you in the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one sounds so SO good! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantasy isn't my thing either but this one does look good.

    ReplyDelete