Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Teaser Tuesday (4) Grim

 
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

"Girl, you weren't kidding."

"About what?"

"The running. You are going to run and run today. Fast."

I took my hands back even as I smiled a little bit. "I am trying to beat my best time today- 4:07. School record is 4:01, so I'm almost there."

"Well, if what I saw was any indication, you're gonna sail right through it, sweetheart. You were runnin' like your life depended on it, from what I could see."

Grim Kindle Location 46

This is from the first story in Grim, a collection of short stories by various authors.  So far, so good. The girl here is having her palms read.

3 comments:

  1. I hope the fortune teller is right and the girl breaks her record. I didn't realize that Amanda Hocking was one of the authors in Grim. I quite like her writing style. Hope you enjoy the rest of the stories.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a lot of great authors are featured in this anthology! Great Teaser! I hope she doesn't end up in danger!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this sounds like a fun anthology and thats a great teaser! Thanks for sharing

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete