Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Teaser Tuesday (28) Blood Bond

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.

Teaser One

“Just listen. I don’t have family. I don’t get attached. It’s easier that way. Which is what I kept telling myself about you, but it happened despite my best efforts to prevent it. It’s not going away and it's not fading. If anything, it's gotten worse."

Blood Bond page 8

I wonder where Alex is going with this? She gots a man dude. Back off... Go find yourself a different gal. (Guess you know who's side I am on.)


Teaser Two

“You listen to me, young lady,” she said pointing a finger in my face. “I am loyal to you, first, last, always. The things I’m doing for CHAS are all for you. And you’re one to talk about loyalty. When have you ever trusted me with the whole story, huh?”

Blood Bond page 218

Grandma just calling it like she sees it. Glad to know that she has Tara's back when it comes down to it. 


Teaser Three

“I’ve got time. Besides, whenever you say ‘long story,’ it’s the popcorn-and-vodka kind.” “Popcorn and vodka?” I echoed. “Yeah, you know, popcorn for the show and vodka because the only way any of it’s going to make sense is if you’re halfway sauced. Especially with your stellar decision-making skills.”

Blood Bond page 235

Cambria is the most accepting best friend on the planet. Or else she is a plant for the CHAS but I am not getting the gonna backstab you vibe from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment