Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (17) The Falconer

Hey y'all, thanks so much for stopping by my WoW!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Heiress. Debutant. Murderer. A new generation of heroines has arrived.

Edinburgh, Scotland, 1844

Lady Aileana Kameron, the only daughter of the Marquess of Douglas, was destined for a life carefully planned around Edinburgh’s social events – right up until a faery killed her mother.

Now it’s the 1844 winter season and Aileana slaughters faeries in secret, in between the endless round of parties, tea and balls. Armed with modified percussion pistols and explosives, she sheds her aristocratic facade every night to go hunting. She’s determined to track down the faery who murdered her mother, and to destroy any who prey on humans in the city’s many dark alleyways.

But the balance between high society and her private war is a delicate one, and as the fae infiltrate the ballroom and Aileana’s father returns home, she has decisions to make. How much is she willing to lose – and just how far will Aileana go for revenge?

Why am I waiting?


This book seems interesting. Something different from what I normally read.

10 comments:

  1. I've actually read this one, and I'm sad to say that it wasn't a book for me. I hope you'll like it a lot more than I did though! :) And thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is on my TBR too Can't wait to read it. ! I hope you get t read it soon :D

    My WoW @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seeing this one all over the place today!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great cover! But I'm not sure the book is for me. Hope you enjoy it, though!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting cover. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds badass! Really like the cover too. Hope you enjoy it! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a fun read ! I love the cover! Enjoy ;)

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a great cover. And it looks good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHH what an awesome cover, is used to be really into historical but somehow abandoned it, maybe this will be the book to bring the habit back? (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read this! It actually just arrived at my library today and I'm about to pick it up :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete