Saturday, April 12, 2014

Book Boyfriend (14) Jared Lynburn


  • Join the Book Boyfriend meme
  • Pick your book boyfriend for the week
  • Current read or not
  • Tease us with something about your boy
  • Don't spoil the book
  • Link up with us





He can rock a leather jacket.

“A leather jacket,” Kami said as he shrugged into it. “Aren’t you trying a little too hard to play into certain bad boy clichés?”
“Nah”, said Jared. “You’re thinking of black leather. Black leather’s for bad boys. It’s all in the color. You wouldn’t think I was a bad boy if I was wearing a pink leather jacket.”
“That’s true,” Kami said. “What I would think of you, I do not know. So what does brown leather mean, then?”
“I’m going for manly,” Jared said. “Maybe a little rugged.”

He is precious.


“I don't think you're weak," Jared said. "I want to guard you because you are important to me. Because you are - God, this is going to sound so stupid, I can never think of a way to say it - you are precious. I can never think of how to describe the value you have to me, because all the words for value suggest that you belong to me, and you don't.”.”

He knows how to love.


“I belong to you. He has no idea what he's up against. And that will get him in the end. I believe that. Everything's going to come right for you."
"And you," Kami said again.
"If everything's right for you," Jared said at last, "everything's right for me.”

Jared is often misunderstood.  I think that is why I like him so much.  Regardless of everything- he has and he will protect Kami at all cost.  Even if hurting her protects her in the long-run.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know Jared or these book but he sounds wonderful. Love that uses the word precious.

    ReplyDelete