Friday, April 4, 2014

Review: Killer Frost

Author Jennifer Estep
Format eARC
Print Length 384 pages
Publisher Kensington Books
Published Feb. 25, 2014

I’ve battled the Reapers of Chaos before–and survived. But this time I have a Bad, Bad Feeling it’s going to be a fight to the death … most likely mine.

Yeah, I’ve got my psychometry magic, my talking sword, Vic–and even the most dangerous Spartan on campus at my side, in Logan freaking Quinn, but I’m no match for Loki, the evil Norse god of chaos. I may be Nike’s Champion, but at heart, I’m still just Gwen Frost, that weird Gypsy girl everyone at school loves to gossip about.

Then someone I love is put in more danger than ever before, and something inside me snaps. This time, Loki and his Reapers are going down for good … or I am.

My Opinion


I received an eARC through the publishers and NetGalley, this in no way influenced my review.

Killer Frost begins a few weeks after Midnight Frost ends. Gwen and the gang are back at Mythos Academy and things have been quiet. Maybe a little too quiet since at the beginning of the story students can be found betting on when the next Reaper attack will be. Gwen is trying to relax but to be honest it is hard- she is jumpy and grumpy. Having to be always on her guard is taking its toll on her. When they finally do attack they hurt the one person that is sure to bring Gwen’s wrath.

Linus (Logan’s daddy) will try to reason with Gwen. He will try to protect her and prevent her from doing anything stupid. Gwen has other plans, plans that she conceals from everyone. Silly gal should have guessed that her friends would be there for her just like before.

Viv and the Reapers bring the fight to Mythos Academy. Battle occurs, blood will be shed. Some will fall others will remain standing. Who will win? Sorry, can’t tell you- that would ruin the book for you.

Killer Frost wraps up the story of Gwen and Mythos Academy nicely with a pretty bow. A splendid ending to an impressive series. All questions are answered and there is closure. Readers will laugh, some may cry but all will close the final chapter on Gwen and the gang with a smile and perhaps a sign.

My Rating 5 stars out of 5


Favorite Quote “That’s my girl you’re cozying up to.”


Other People

Daphne- Gwen’s best friend and a Valkyrie (a girl Viking).
Carson- Daphne’s boyfriend and a Celt barb warrior.
Linus Quinn- Logan’s daddy and head of the Protectorate.
Alexei- a Protectorate-in-training.
Nickamedes- Logan’s uncle and head librarian.
Professor Metis- Athena’s champion, and Gwen’s mentor. Best friends with Gwen’s momma.
Viv- Reaper, Loki’s champion and mortal enemy of Gwen

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this series but it is on my TBR list. Love that quote - I'm sure that cozying up to didn't go over very well. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete