Saturday, April 5, 2014

Book Boyfriend (13) Adam


  • Join the Book Boyfriend meme
  • Pick your book boyfriend for the week
  • Current read or not
  • Tease us with something about your boy
  • Don't spoil the book
  • Link up with us

He is endearing



“He whispers, "You have no idea how much I've thought about you. How many times I've dreamt"-he takes a tight breath- "how many times I've dreamt about being this close to you." He moves to run a hand through his hair before he changes his mind. Looks down. Looks up. "God, Juliette, I'd follow you anywhere. You're the only good thing left in this world.”

He thinks he is unworthy





“Juliette,"he whispers,and I realize just how close he is.I'm not sure why I haven't evaporated into nothingness."It's been me and you against the world forever,"he says."It's always been that way.It's my fault I took so long to do something about it."
"No,"I'm shaking my head "It's not your fault-"
"It is.I fell in love with you a long time ago.I just never had the guts to act on it."
"Because I could've killed you."
He laughts a quiet laught."Because i didn't think I deserved you.”

He knows how to be a friend



"He never talked to me. He never spoke a single word to me, but he was the only one who dared to sit close to my fence. He was the only one who stood up for me, the only person who fought for me, the only one who'd punch someone in the face for throwing a rock at my head. I didn't even know how to say thank you.

He was the closest thing to a friend I ever had.”



“Of course I remember you." My voice is a strangled whisper. I squeeze my eyes shut. "You were the only one who ever looked at me like a human being.”



Adam oh Adam how I hope that things turn out for you in the end.  I hope that Warren ends up dead and you can be with the gal that you love.

1 comment:

  1. I so love Adam! And here's the thing - I haven't been able to bring myself to read the next book BECAUSE I don't want to love Warren. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete