Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Teaser Tuesday (5) Serpent's Kiss


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.


Teaser One

“Why are you and Carling the only two people on the island?” 

The Vampyre said in a muffled voice, “Because she’s dying, and everybody else is afraid.”

Serpent's Kiss Kindle Location 736

Why is Rhoswen not afraid? I don't trust her Rune, she is shady.



Teaser Two

Or maybe she was the only one who had experienced the crazy out-of-control passion, just as she was the only who had realized she had fallen in love. Falling in love was such a lonely business.

Serpent's Kiss Kindle Location 3233

Carling is right, sometimes falling in love is a lonely business. Also a scary one.



Teaser Three

“Here’s the thing,” he whispered. “I love you. I didn’t want to. I fought it. I put up barriers, and they all came crashing down one by one. It wasn’t just one thing. It was everything you did, both here in the present and back in the past. It’s everything you were, and everything you are. So I just fucking love you, and you are going to have to fucking deal with it. You got that?”

Serpent's Kiss Kindle Location 4157 

You gotta hand it to Rune- he sure does know how to make a declaration.

1 comment:

  1. Heehee! For whatever reason that last one makes me chuckle. I can't help but wonder if I would do that in real life should a similar happenstance occur! Heehee. :D

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete