Friday, May 31, 2019

90's Movies Book Tag


Sometimes it is just fun to tag a book, let folks get a snippet of what you love to read and maybe even check out a book or two that they didn't realize was out. I of course got this one from Jessica's blog a GREAT read, she got it from JennReneeRead that she saw over at The Butterfly Reader. Since I grew up with these movies it was pretty much a given that I would do this hop.









SHE'S ALL THAT: name a book couple that are an odd pairing, but they still fit perfectly together








Sydney (the Alchemist) and Adrian (the Morio) are the oddest couple. They are fundamentally enemies and yet the sparks fly right from the start. How anyone could oppose this pairing is beyond my comprehension.


10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU: a book/series you have a love/hate relationship with













I loved the first two books in The Lovegrove Legacy, A Breath of Frost and Whisper the Dead were really captivating. Since this is a trilogy, I was dying for the release of the last one. Sometimes though in the world of publishing the next book in a series does not get contracted. So, the author released The Bone Witch as a novella. While it answered lingering questions I hated that it Penelope and Cedric did not get as much attention as the other two cousins.



CLUELESS: a character that it totally clueless, but you love them anyway


Kami and Jared have a connection. One that they are clueless about until well, until it almost becomes too late. This story is still one of my favorites, Jared one of my favorite heroes.



TITANIC: a book that made you cry











Scorched is a book that tackles hard issues. Real issues- it is the type of book that I normally avoid. Scorched made me cry. I am not talking about a pretty cry either instead that ugly red face snotty cry. In the end though, I feel like a better person for having read it. 



AMERICAN PIE: a book that made you laugh








I loved the Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey. Lucy's commentary in this book is spot on and had me giggling at all of her observations. My secret hope is that one day Lucy gets her own series.



CAN'T HARDLY WAIT: a book with a crazy party












This entire series centers around one night, one party. Oh what a night it is! Each couple comes full circle, secrets are reveled, some dreams crushed and others realized. My favorite was Love Beyond Opposites, which is the third one in the series.



CRUEL INTENTIONS: name a character you can never fully trust













Seth in this series! Disclaimer, I was and still am solidly on Team Aiden for this series. Seth just rubbed me the wrong way the entire time. I like him in his spin-off series but in the original for get it. Alex totally needed to Friendzone him right away.



DRIVE ME CRAZY: name your favorite "boy next door" or "girl next door" couple









P.S. I Like You is one of those books that captivates you. It pulls you back to high school where everything is major and every slight side eye dramatic. With every turn of the page, you feel the emotions of Lily and the pen pal.


SCREAM: a book with a memorable villain









Lord Voldermort has gotta be one of the most recognizable villains of our times. 


THE CRAFT: a book with witches













This is the second book in Season Two of the Coven: Academy Magic. I binge read the first season (reviewed it on Monday) and the two released books of the second season. I am currently re-reading the entire series. Oh, and I may have gifted the box set to my best friend so that I would have someone to talk about it to. The last time I feel for a book series this fast was Jaymin Eve's Supernatural Prison series. I cannot wait for the next book in this series to come out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment