Friday, September 28, 2018

Review: Gone Hunting




Author Cecy Robson 
Format e-ARC 
Print Length 254 
Publisher self 
Published October 24, 2018 




Discover Cecy Robson’s sensational Weird Girls series for the first time—or go back to the beginning ...


The rest of the werewolf pack might consider Aric Connor to be omniscient and destined to save the world when evil returns to claim it. But for the most part, fifteen-year-old Aric ignores the confirmations of his powers, taking everything in stride until he meets her.

Celia Wird wasn’t supposed to awaken naked in the mountains of Colorado, not when she was just stalking her prey in a filthy alley several states away. She especially wasn’t supposed to meet Aric, the handsome werewolf who comes to her aid.

As a supernatural tasked with protecting the earth, Aric sympathizes with Celia’s dangerous situation. He’s also struck by her beauty and kindness. Yet, as much as Aric welcomes Celia, her arrival isn’t a peaceful one. 

Dark forces stir in Celia’s presence, resolute on killing her. Aric and his inner beast are adamant about keeping Celia safe and with them. But there's a time and a place for love, and Aric and Celia might not survive long enough to find it. 



My Opinion 


I absolutely adore this series. I have done re-reads every time a new book has come out. I so very wish that I could be the bestie of the sisters. So when Robson announced that there was a prequel for the series I was nervous. Then when the blurb stated that it takes place when Aric and Celia are much younger than the first book, Sealed with a Curse, I was confused. I vividly remember the scene in the first book of when Aric and Celia see each other for the first time. It is still one of my favorite scenes from book one. Then I got approved for an e-ARC of Gone Hunting, and I calmly- not really- excitedly sat down to read it. I read it in one night, and it was so good to be back in the Weird Girls world. More importantly, this prequel is amazing. 

Aric as a teenager is just as confident as Aric as the alpha male. He is still surrounded by his best friends, who even when they were younger would sacrifice themselves for one another. They also are not afraid to voice their concerns to their future alpha. The insight that we get into all of their lives explains so much. I get why Koda is the way he is, I loved seeing Gemini-still my favorite. Liam is well, Liam and that is a good thing. It’s nice to see how their personalities as grown shifters are influenced by their childhood so much. 

Younger Celia is more confident than older one. She hasn’t been polluted too much by the world and life has chipped away at the Weird Girls. Her sisters do not make an appearance in this one, although they are mentioned. Celia’s love for them is evident in her actions. 

Speaking of action. The prequel is filled with a lot of it. There is something going on that involves dark forces. Very Dark forces. Aric’s parents are away and so it is up to him and his friends to deal with it. That on top of finding Celia in the woods (who is she and where did she come from)? More importantly on the boys’ minds…is she a threat to Aric? Aric cares nothing about that- he just wants to protect her. More than he cares about his own life. So much so that it is strange. 

Aric’s parents are this one and they are perfect for each other. I love how much they protect each other and their son. They are raising Aric to be the right kind of alpha. Rare do you find in a book, a set of parents that care about their kid and worries for him. They put Aric and his happiness first in all things. Liam’s aunt is pretty 

This one gave me all the feels- happiness, fear, love, sadness. That ending though- it gave me chills. So good that I started reading the first book again, then the second. I bet you can see where this is going. You need to one-click this one. If you haven’t started the series you need to, like yesterday. 

My Rating 5 out of 5 stars 


Favorite Quote The only thing I’m sure of is that a part of me left with here. And the way I feel this morning, it’s still missing. 


Other People 

Liam- Aric’s bestie 
Gemini- Aric’s bestie 
Koda- Aric’s bestie 
Aric’s parents- alpha male and female
Mimi- witch, Liam’s aunt

No comments:

Post a Comment