Monday, August 17, 2015

Review: On the Hunt

Author Alexandra Ivy
Format e-ARC
Print Length 384
Publisher Zebra
Published August 25, 2015

Four of today’s most intriguing paranormal authors entice readers deep into the shadows, where vampires, immortals, and other supernatural creatures heat up the night...

ON THE HUNT by Alexandra Ivy
Mika Tanner has loved Bailey Morrell, a beautiful Healer, since childhood. But his duty as a Sentinel, a supernatural guardian of an ancient race, clashed with her rebellious spirit. Now a dangerous new anarchist group not only threatens life as they know it—but any chance of their being together again...

SCORPIUS RISING by Rebecca Zanetti
With a deadly disease spreading like wildfire across the country, microbiologist Nora Medina needs to focus all her energy on stopping the pandemic. Playing with dynamite—in the form of her way-too-hot ex—is the last thing she should be doing. But forced to work with Deacan McDougall against unexpected enemies with the seconds ticking by, she knows the explosion is coming…

PHANTOM EMBRACE by Dianne Duvall
Immortal Yuri Sokolov was born with the ability to see spirits, yet he's never seen one as lovely as Cat Seddon, the woman who haunts his home and his dreams. But amid their star-crossed love, a new danger may have Yuri facing a different kind of eternity.

STAKE OUT by Hannah Jayne
Vampire fashion designer Nina LaShay has a lot on her plate—just two days until fashion week and the model who was flirting with her photographer boyfriend is now a corpse in her studio. But when dead turns into undead and dangerous, Nina must find out who’s responsible…before the beautiful baby vamp takes too many bites out of the Big Apple

My Opinion


Again this is one of those multiple story books so I will be giving a brief review of each story.

On The Hunt

What a great addition to the Sentinel series. Bailey is a free spirit. She has to be after being forgotten so many times by those that are supposed to love her. Mika made a brief appearance in the previous book and let me tell you he made an impression. People see him as arrogant, stand-offish. I saw him as guarded, he has a past with someone who broke his heart. When Bailey gets taken, Mika will do anything and everything to get her back. The sparks fly of the charts in this one y’all. If you haven’t started to series yet, you need to.

My rating 5 out of 5 stars


Scorpius Rising

This is an interesting take on the world gone zombie wild. Nora is on vacation when some soldiers take her home on the way they gather her team up. You see she is a microbiologist, one of the best in the world that works for a pharmaceutical company and there has been an outbreak that needs containment. Her ex-husband is a special strategist to the President of the US and is in charge of the containment. I liked their interactions with each other. I like how she and he bickered yet supported each other in their roles during the crisis. I like how he is the one that won’t give up on them. I did not like how the outbreak occurs- very convenient. This was the first time I have read anything from this author and I can guarantee it is not the last.

My rating 4 out of 5 stars


PHANTOM EMBRACE

I had not heard of the Immortal Guardians before reading about them here. Yuri and Cat’s love story is well pretty sweet. It was cute and cuddley and I wanted to hug them both. So what is a gal to do after finding a new series- I promptly went and one-clicked the first book in the series, and then the second. I think you are getting the picture. Yepper, I got hooked on the Immortal Guardians. Yuri and the rest of his people are just too amazing. I enjoyed how they worked as a family unit. I liked how they protected those they loved. I adored how they loved. I needed more of that right away.

My Rating 5 out of 5 stars


Stake Out

Nina a fashion designer vampire finds a dead model 24 hours before her fashion show. Well, technically an undead model 24 hours before the biggest fashion show of the year. Oh did I mention her fashions weren’t finished so she still had to do that as well as hunt down the newly made vampire and the person who sired her. Nina and I just did not click- I felt she was self-observed, selfish and woow is me. Not only that but her love interest Pike- there was no chemistry between the two. I think this could be a case of me being new to this series, but yeah I hated it. I had to force myself to finish reading it.

My Rating 2 out of 5 stars


This is a case of where I found a book with multiple authors that I actually enjoyed. Yeah there was one story that I hated but overall the other three were really good. The only author in this book that I was familiar with was Alexandra Ivy. I rate the collection overall as 5 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely mini reviews! Sad to read that Stake out didn't have any chemistry between the characters. I do hate when that happens. Sounds like a good series nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in such a paranormal mood. Can these be read stand alone or do you need to read the series' to understand them?

    ReplyDelete