Friday, July 26, 2019

Wizards Unite Book Tag


I saw this book tag over at The Happy Bibliophile and just knew I had to do it. Since this game was released, I have played it daily. My children play it with me- they want me to beat daddy (have a higher level than him). If you don't have it and you are a Harry Potter fan, you need to download it, so much fun! The images all come from The Happy Bibliophile as they are spot on- plus taking them out would take away from the book tag.




This is literary the best re-telling of Pride and Prejudice I have read. So much so that it kick started a two week long Pride and Prejudice binge watching marathon, starting with Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, followed by the BBC Pride and Prejudice and ending with watching the Kiera Knightley Pride and Prejudice (twice).




I contemplated a job with the FBI for about a minute or two after reading this one. Then I realized that sine I wasn't a teenager it would probably be way harder than what the characters went through. So I decided I liked my life as a teacher.




Another place, how about outter space? This book is apace opera with a slight Firefly feel to it that captures the imagination from the first paragraph. 




I loved this series. I read it in real time instead of binge reading it once it was released. I remember counting down the days until the next one came out. I even asked my brother to go to an author tour in his city to get an autograph by Richelle Mead. He thought it was funny that it the author of two vampire series was signing in a church.




Light, sweet read that goes great with a steaming cup of hot chocolate, a blanket and your sweetheart to lean on. I adored this book so much that once I was finished reading it, I sighed then read it again.




Nothing gets more mythical than a series on well mystical gods and goddesses.




I am so going with the Clave on this one. I understand the purpose of them but dang all their rules and their nastiness. They are rude elitist that needs to be brought down a notch.




This book taught me how to make a hummingbird cake. It also taught me what a hummingbird cake is. Having grown up in the south, I have never heard of this famous southern cake before. I ewas appalled- my only rational is that I was raised by Yankees in the south. 




This book will seriously have you examining our way of life. Society’s treatment of overweight people, mass media’s influence on us and of course the role of government are get looked at through a different lenses.




Dystopia Science Fiction is not usually my cup of tea but Richelle Mead wrote it so I gave it a try and boy am I glad I did. I loved this series and was so disappointed when the publishers backed out of book three.

No comments:

Post a Comment