Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Teaser Tuesday (27) Delayed Admissions

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.


Teaser One

My hand reached out to grab his wrist as he turned away. “No.”

His brows shot up, and a look I couldn’t read appeared on his face. “Excuse me? Did you just tell me no?”

“I don’t need or want your help. I can handle myself, and Lyssa isn’t going to be a problem for me. I’m only here to figure out who I am and how to protect myself. I’ll be out of here as soon as that's done, and you can forget all about me."

Delayed Admissions page 62

It appears as if no one has ever told Enzo no before. Wonder if that makes her more attractive to him. I am going to guess yes..yes it does. 

Teaser Two

“I’ll only say this once, so listen carefully. Raegan is my responsibility. I brought her here. I tutor her. I will keep her safe. Don’t get in my way of that or you’ll regret it.”

Delayed Admissions page 113

So much is going on here! I won't tell you who Enzo is speaking to or why... that would be too spoilery just know that he is speaking to someone who cares for Raegan a lot.


Teaser Three

Enzo’s eyes were almost black, and his chest vibrated beneath me. “Mine.” 

That one word was filled with a pain I couldn’t identify and my heart hurt for him as my emotions warred with each other. I didn’t want to give in to him, but I was afraid someone would get seriously hurt if I didn’t.

Delayed Admissions page 160

Dang if he acts like this without them even dating could you imagine him in a relationship? His last girlfriend didn't have this problem.

1 comment: