Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Teaser Tuesday (23) Broken Trust


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.

Teaser One

“Give me your sweatshirt and I’ll forgive you.” 

His jaw dropped slightly, and he looked torn. 

“Prove to me that you didn’t fake our friendship for your own gain, Jasper.”

Broken Trust Kindle Location 655

Jasper needs to give up his sweatshirt stat! Riley is fearless, I will give you that!

Teaser Two

His lips pressed against my forehead, and I closed my eyes, pretending that everything was okay between us.

“I should have gotten there sooner,” he said in a deathly cold voice. “The bastards had it well planned. Dylan and Jasper are with their parents this morning, and Evan’s front tires were slashed in the parking lot. I was helping him change them when it happened.”

Broken Trust Kindle Location 1271

Why pretend Riley? You have the power to make things okay again. Just saying.

Teaser Three


“I think you’re okay to let this go, Riley,” he finally said, and I almost dropped the phone. 

“What?” That advice was the opposite of knocking sense into me. 

“People f*@k up,” he said softly. “Sometimes they get caught up in surviving, and then shit gets out of hand, and then people get hurt. I don’t think that they did it deliberately, they just had no choice."

Broken Trust Kindle Location 2322

Umm what game is Dante playing? I thought he hated them...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an intense read! I hope you enjoy the rest!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete