Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (17) Team Human

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



“Have you ever felt kind of…” She paused.  “Detached from the world?  As if you didn’t fit in, and you weren’t interested in what everyone else was interested in?  As if you belonged in a different world?”

“Everyone feels that way sometimes,” I said.  “But you eat chocolate until the endorphins kick in, and the crazy thoughts go away.”  I grinned at her.

Team Human Kindle Location 813
I can totally relate to Cathy here.  Not fitting in, not belonging what is a gal to do?  Ice cream therapy, retail therapy or maybe just maybe Mel is right.  You eat chocolate until it goes away.  Although I am with Mel on this one- team human all the way- my heart can not help but hurt for Cathy.  Just a little.

5 comments:

  1. Best advice ever!!! I need to go get my chocolates now.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating chocolate until the endorphins kick in, I thoroughly get that!! I live on the stuff!! This book has a great title too!!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT!

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup yup! chocolate makes all the worries dissapear, especially coupled with a hot bath and good book!

    Check out my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great teaser! And I totally agree that chocolate can solve our problems! :)

    Here's My Teaser Tuesday!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES chocolate fixes things. I agree!!!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete