Friday, April 27, 2012

Storm


Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Format: eBook
Print Length:432 pages
Publisher: Kensington
Published: April 24, 2012

Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread lies about her, Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys - the ones she doesn't want. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water - just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They're powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.
And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.
When Hunter, the mysterious new kid in town, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who's hiding the most dangerous truth of all...

My Thoughts

You know when you like a book but you just are not sure why. That was Storm for me. I liked it plain and simple. I will of course read the other books in the series. It was a fast enjoyable read that allowed me to escape from reality for a while. Chris is cute, although a little insecure. Becca could be a total witch at times but given what she has been through I kinda could understand. Hunter was a little too over confident for my taste- although it works well against Chris’ unsure moments. Chris is everything that a girl says she wants in a dude but never picks. Hunter is kinda who your mom warns you to stay away from (although I could not for the life of me tell you why).
Elementals are powerful, sometimes too powerful like Chris and his brothers. This causes all of them to be in danger. Someone will try to kill Becca as well, due to her knowing the secret. The attempted murderer was not who I would have guessed. So the ending was a total surprise.

Other Characters

Gabriel- Chris’ older brother (Nick’s twin), a hot-headed gentleman who’s element is fire.
Quinn- Becca’s best friend, the only one to stand by her. Her home life sucks.
Nick- Chris’ older brother (Gabriel’s twin), he is the peacemaker in the family, element is air.
Michael- The oldest brother, who happens to have custody of the other three. A tragedy happened while he was a teen and so he shoulders a horrible burden.
Drew- Becca’s evil ex-boyfriend. I hate his guts and I bet you will too.
Tyler- There was a Dennis Leary song a while back called "I'm and @sshole...." Sums him up pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment