Monday, April 23, 2012

Captured

Author: Brina Courtney
Format: eBook
Print Length: 157 pages
Publisher: Self Published
Published: April 12, 2012

As the highly anticipated second novel in the Cryptid Tales series, Capture is sure to satisfy the YA SciFi reader. This action packed story picks up right where Reveal left off with Shay realizing that someone she holds close may not be totally lost. But can Hugh, her cryptid mate, protect her from the evil Malsumis? Or will she fall victim to his horrible plans?
One this is for sure, Shay is in for the fight of her life.

My Thoughts

This book begins right where the first one ends, Shay and Hugh at the Senior Shuffle.  Erica, one of the meanies from book two and several of her minions show up.  She tries to capture Shay and Hugh but Olivia to the rescue.  Shay and Hugh along with Olivia get away.  They drop her off and tell her that she doesn’t know them.  This part makes me sad, as Olivia was my favorite character from book one in the series.  They of course hide and regroup- with several other cryptids joining forces.  The new characters help her to fight Malsumis and his followers.  Since this is the second in series you know of course that there is no resolution between Shay and Malsumis yet.  But the second book was fast paced and with more action.  So that was a plus.  Another thing that the author has going for her is that there is still no love triangle.  Praise all that is holy!  Although Shay and Hugh could cut back on telling each other I Love You just a little.

Other Characters

Beula- small character but totally awesome part.  I wish I had a cryptid like her in my house growing up.  That would totally rock!
Emina- is back she was in the first book just didn’t really think we would see her again.  I like that she does not play coy with her emotions.  What she is experiencing she vocalizes.
Lacey- A cryptid, I am so not giving away what type, who has actually escaped from the Malsumis compound and was not bitter.  She actually becomes my favorite character in this book.
Nashima- This cryptid is one that is hard to read.  Is she evil or good?  I will never tell....

No comments:

Post a Comment