Monday, August 15, 2016

Review: Earth’s End

Author Elise Kova
Format e-book
Print Length 350 pages
Publisher Silver Wing Pres
Published Feb. 11, 2016

A woman awoken in air, a soldier forged by fire, a weapon risen from blood.

Vhalla Yarl has made it to the warfront in the North. Forged by blood and fire, she has steeled her heart for the final battle of the Solaris Empire’s conquest. The choices before Vhalla are no longer servitude or freedom, they are servitude or death. The stakes have never been higher as the Emperor maintains his iron grip on her fate, holding everything Vhalla still has left to lose in the balance.

My Opinion


Earth’s End is a difficult book to review without giving spoilers. As you know Vhalla and Aldrik are together, but not together. At first they are cute together, okay so yeah, I liked them together. I like how Aldrik is pushing that Vhalla and him can be together regardless of her birth. I like how he keeps her and her value close when it comes to the other nobles. I enjoyed watching him stand up to his daddy where Vhalla was concerned, each and every time.

Aldrik and the Emperor go toe to toe more times than I want to count in this one. It was pretty awesome to see Aldrik try to outmaneuver his father. The Emperor has been at the game longer though. The Emperor in regards to Vhalla is just pure evil. A painful death would not be too much to ask for the Emperor.

The realities of war is beautifully shown in this book. How both sides just want to survive. How those trusted can be those who turn against you. Vhalla’s friends play a smaller, yet important role in this edition as well. Fritz and Elecia are adorable together, but not together. I decided I hate Daniel and want him to go away. Others will love him and think he is the best thing since sliced bread. I don’t feel that way- he is a distraction and dangerous. I bet he turns out evil.

Earth’s End is my least favorite book in the series so far. The book was really lovely dovey, both Vhalla and Aldrik being way too sugary for my taste buds. Then the ending hit, almost like biting into a key lime pie without sweetened condense milk- trust me it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth. Kinda like the ending did here for me. Will I read the next book in the series- umm yeah… I have already invested enough time in the series to want to continue. Do I think that both parties have a heck of a lot to make up for yeah. Am I worried about those caught in the crossfire, oh yeah. Regardless, I want to know what happens to Vhalla and Aldrik.

My Rating 4 out of 5 stars


Favorite Quote "Home had become where he was."


Other People

Emperor- evil, needs to die
Baldair- Aldrik’s brother, the spare

No comments:

Post a Comment