Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Teaser Tuesday (11) Louis


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.

Teaser One


"Why do you live alone?" Jessa asked in the blunt way of youth. Yeah, she made me feel every single one of my hundred-plus years.

"Because...." I cleared my throat. “Sometimes it’s easier. Sometimes it hurts less being alone than losing people you love.”

Kindle Location 138

Jessa is being slick, asking Lizzie random questions that seem so innocent. Our girl is still protecting her pack even if Lizzie doesn't realize it.


Teaser Two

Jessa stepped closer to me. “Release the hold you have on your power,” she said, smiling at me. “I think some of the supes in this room need a lesson on underestimating you just because you’re tiny and absolutely gorgeous and a woman.”

Kindle Location 200

Of course the Compass boys are going to underestimate her. The real question is why is she helping to find Louis' soul?

Teaser Three


Louis's lips twitched and his eyes filled with mirth. "ANd that would be a bad thing?" 

The ache in my chest deepened. "Yes, because it's just sex. And that’s not enough for me any longer. I’m too old and broken just to be a powerful mage’s plaything.”

Kindle Location 1143

You go Lizzie! Standing up for yourself. Gotta admire that!

It feels like I have been waiting on this one forever!  So excited that it is finally here and I am loving Lizzie.

1 comment:

  1. Nice teasers! This is a new to me one. Dialogue sounds pretty engaging though! Hope you enjoy the rest!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete