Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Teaser Tuesday (10) Oracle's Moon


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.


Teaser One


Screw pretty. I’d rather be strong. Pretty fades over time. Strength gets you through the bad shit. And that matters, because sometimes there’s a lot of bad shit.

Oracle's Moon page 3

She has a point, beauty does fade and strength gets you through stuff. What stuff does she need help with though?


Teaser Two


“The Oracle is an underutilized resource,” said Carling. “A very Powerful one who has fallen somewhat out of fashion in the last century or so. It is a shame Grace has become so isolated.”

Oracle's Moon page 180

Hmm... an old favorite is back.  Hopefully, she isn't trying to use Grace.


Teaser Three



“You will call me,” he said. “For the rest of your life, you will call me. I don’t give a shit whether or not you’re in the mood. I don’t care if your cause is useless or if I am too late or if you can fix the whole damn problem by yourself or if you just get scared. You will call me, Grace. You will call me.”

Oracle's Moon page 238

For a heartless Djinn Khalil sure does have a lot of feelings for Grace.  Wonder what will happen to them?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice teasers!! That last one gets me curious! I love a good djinn story!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete