Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (18) The Leveller

Hey y'all, thanks so much for stopping by my WoW!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Nixy Bauer is a self-made Leveller. Her job? Dragging kids out of virtual reality and back to their parents in the real world. It’s normally easy cash, but Nixy’s latest mission is fraught with real danger, intrigue, and romance.

Nixy Bauer is used to her classmates being very, very unhappy to see her. After all, she’s a bounty hunter in a virtual reality gaming world. Kids in the MEEP, as they call it, play entirely with their minds, while their bodies languish in a sleeplike state on the couch. Irritated parents, looking to wrench their kids back to reality, hire Nixy to jump into the game and retrieve them. 

But when the game’s billionaire developer loses track of his own son in the MEEP, Nixy is in for the biggest challenge of her bounty-hunting career. Wyn Salvador isn’t some lazy kid looking to escape his homework: Wyn does not want to be found. And he’s left behind a suicid
e note. Nixy takes the job but quickly discovers that Wyn’s not hiding—he’s being held inside the game against his will. But who is holding him captive, and why?

Nixy and Wyn attempt to fight their way out of a mind game unlike any they’ve encountered, and the battle brings them closer than either could have imagined. But when the whole world is virtual, how can Nixy possibly know if her feelings are real?

Gamers and action fans of all types will dive straight into the MEEP, thanks to Julia Durango’s cinematic storytelling. A touch of romance adds some heart to Nixy’s vivid, multidimensional journey through Wyn’s tricked-out virtual city, and constant twists keep readers flying through to the breathtaking end. 

Why am I waiting?


This is one that I am really excited about. You see I use to be a closet gamer (shhh… don’t tell) then I had kids and it was gaming or reading. I picked reading and left my gaming days behind. Never once regretting my decision, but if I can mix up my reading with a little gaming lingo. Woowhoo! Sign me up!

12 comments:

  1. This does sound really cool. I'm not a gamer, but I love movies & anime that go into the world of virtual reality. Great pick, I'm definitely looking forward to it!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever read a book with a premise quite like this one. Sure sounds interesting, particularly since I have a son who is a gamer.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. books about games also pumps me up since I used to play a lot of games back then as well. this sounds pretty interesting. nice pick! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  4. *_* Hello there, beautiful.. you are going on my tbr pile, now! Thanks a bunch for stepping by and sharing! =)
    I'm a gamer myself, and I'm not at the stage of kids yet, but I think I will be chosing reading over gaming then as well. ;) I'm already barely logging in anymore, and then I usually chose to play by myself, things like Anno. I'm happy with that arrangement. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very intrigued with this one as well! It's on my list too! So I will likely have to get myself a copy as well! LOL!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the sound of this one. Nice pick!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds really different. I'm not a gamer in fact I kinda suck at them but count me in :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to this one, too! I'm still a gamer... you could always get back into it ;)

    Leeanna.me: WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh... this is a new one to me, but I do like the sound of it. Bounty Hunter!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting WOW! I like the theme of a female bounty hunter in a virtual reality gaming world! Thanks for sharing Angela :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh fun. I'm glad you can find ways to bring that gaming part of your life back.

    ReplyDelete