Sunday, June 16, 2013

Review: Prophecy Girl

Author: Cecil White
Format: e-ARC
Print Length: 368 pages
Publisher: Entangled
Published: April 2, 2013

Amelie Bennett. . . . Ending the world, one prophecy at a time.

I was born to slay Crossworld demons. 

Big black flappy ones, little green squirmy ones. Unfortunately, the only thing getting slain these days is my social life. With my high school under attack, combat classes intensifying, and Academy instructors dropping right and left, I can barely get my homework done, let alone score a bondmate before prom.

Then he shows up. 

Jackson Smith-Hailey. Unspeakably hot, hopelessly unattainable, and dangerous in all the right ways. Sure, he’s my trainer. And okay, maybe he hates me. Doesn’t mean I’ll ignore the wicked Guardian chemistry between us. It’s crazy! Every time I’m with him, my powers explode. Awesome, right? 

Wrong. 

Now my teachers think I’m the murderous Graymason destined to bring down our whole race of angelbloods. Everyone in New Orleans is hunting me. The people I trusted want me dead. Jack and I have five days to solve the murders, prevent a vampire uprising, and thwart the pesky prophecy foretelling his death by my hand. Shouldn’t be too difficult. 

Getting it done without falling in love. . . that might take a miracle.

My Opinion


Amelie grew up in a world where things go bump in the night. Yet she is not afraid, she is a Guardian so it’s kinda her ob to take out the bad guys. It is also her job to bond with a watcher. Someone to protect her. But she can’t something or someone prevents her from forming that bond. Teachers are dying, which is why Watcher Jackson is sent to her school. He tries to keep her at arm’s length but the attraction is there. Why is she drawn to him? Why does he run hot then cold?

Amelie is a great narrator. She is strong with a tiny sense of sassiness to her. He takes all that life throws at her then punches back. She holds off having wow is me moments. Jackson tries his best to protect her; even from him. But can he fight the attraction that is brewing for much longer? Will he be able to protect her from herself?

The Prophecy Girl is a thrill seeking roller-coaster ride. Once the true villain is revealed you will be shocked, dismayed and I would even wager a little heartbroken? I had a seriously, it is them kinda moment when I read it. The ending will bring tears to your eyes even as you smile. I promise you will be wondering what happens next in the story and checking the author’s website for the next release date.

My Rating 5 out of 5 stars


Favorite Quote Sarcasm is the Xanax of the morally bereft.


Other Characters

Lisa- Amelie’s best friend
Smalley- Director of the school, Amelie’s mentor
Matt- Lisa’s boyfriend
Katie- Lisa and Amelie’s quiet bestie
Alec- new kid at school
Luc- vampire cousin to Jackson, extremely loyal to him
Bud- Amelie’s overprotective daddy
Dane- werewolf friend of Luc and Jackson
Henry- Librarian at Amelie’s school

No comments:

Post a Comment