Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Review: Saved at Sunrise

Author: CC Hunter
Format: e-book
Print Length: 100 pages
Publisher: St. Martin’s Griffin
Published: April 2, 2013 

Nestled deep in the woods, Shadow Falls is a secret camp where teens with supernatural powers learn to harness their abilities and live in the normal world. But Shadow Falls is facing a problem that could finally expose them to the rest of the world. Humans are showing up dead, and rogue vampires may be to blame. 

Camp resident Della Tsang, who’s still coming into her own vampire powers, is assigned to help find those responsible. If she succeeds, maybe she’ll even land her dream job: working for the F.R.U., the enforcers of the supernatural world. But when she sees that her new partner is a hunky shapeshifter, things get complicated. Steve, too gorgeous to be trusted and capable of seeing through her tough-as-nails exterior, knows just how to get under her skin. And only hours into the mission, Della realizes rogue vampires aren’t the only threat she’s facing. If she’s ever going to complete her assignment, she’ll need his help…but learning to trust him will be her hardest challenge yet. 

My Opinion

Holy smokes does CC Hunter have a best seller on her hands! 

Della is everything she has been in the last four books and then some. Still sassy, still kicks booty but there is a vulnerable side to her in this novella. Who gets to see it? Not her besties- Miranda and Kylie but instead the gorgeous shape-shifter Steve. Granted she put herself in the position to be vulnerable, although I cannot say I blame her. I would have checked in on my old life as well. How can she not be curious? But darn to read about her tears- tears welled up in my own eyes.

Let’s talk about Steve for a minute. Darn, but can this Alabama boy bring on the charm? Talk about saving a damsel in distress over and over again. Regardless of how much Della pushes him away he stays, he defends and he protects her-even from herself. If that is not a swoon worthy book boyfriend I do not know what is.

I ticked off at Della in the end. Umm why, why would you push this amazing man away? I mean seriously? Steve likes you- you and your sassy ways- you and your mean as nails way! Girl~ I hope, hope with all my heart that the besties knock some sense into you when you get home!

This novella has to be one of the best I have ever read! I am jumping at the bit to find out what happens with Della and Steve. Please let him win this battle of the wills. Please let them be together. Seriously, CC how can you end it like that?

My Rating 5 out of 5 stars


Favorite Quote “We’ll see about that.” His words rang in her ears. A promise or a threat, she didn’t know.


Other People

Burnett- Their FRU boss, and camp leader
Lee- Della’s ex-boyfriend, I hate him and wish Steve would turn into a lion and eat him
Rouge Vampire- Menacing
Rouge Werewolf- Stupid

1 comment:

  1. I'm not really into novellas because in the end I am left unsatisfied but this book sounds so good that I want to get a copy of it! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete