Friday, April 26, 2013

Review: Breathless

Author: Brigid Kemmerer

Format: e-ARCC
Print Length: 65 pages
Publisher: Kensington Teen
Published: April 30, 2013

Too many secrets. Not enough time.

Nick Merrick is supposed to be the level-headed one. The peacemaker. Since it’s just him and his three hotheaded brothers against the world, that’s a survival tactic.

But now he’s got problems even his brothers can’t help him survive.

His so-called girlfriend, Quinn, is going quick as mercury from daring to crazy. Meanwhile, Quinn’s dancer friend Adam is throwing Nick off balance, forcing him to recognize a truth he’d rather shove back into the dark.

He can feel it—-the atmosphere is sizzling. Danger is on the way. But whatever happens next, Nick is starting to find out that sometimes nothing you do can keep the peace.

My Opinion


Breathless is a short look into the head and heart of Nick Merrick. What you find there is heartbreak, confusion and a whole lot of self-doubt. Which is unfortunate as Nick is the most put-together of his brothers. He is the sensible one, the one with dreams.

Kremmerer allows the reader into Nick’s private world. The one what he keeps hidden from everyone, even himself. I am not sure which is worse that he lies to himself or to his twin. I couldn't help but think that Gabriel would understand. There is not a lot of the brothers in this novella, but for some reason that fits. A lot is explained in this one night in the mind of Nick, but it leaves even more questions. Questions that I am not sure even Nick wants to answer right now.

My Rating 3 stars out of the 5 stars


Favorite Quote “I’m not going to live in fear because of who I am.”


Other People

Quinn- Nick’s girlfriend 
Adam- Quinn’s dancing partner

1 comment:

  1. I've heard some good things about this series, and I think I need to check it out!

    Great review!

    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the Book Crazed Girl

    ReplyDelete