Sunday, August 5, 2012

Inbetween

Author: Tara Fuller
Format: eARC
Print Length: 400 pages
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Published: August 28, 2012


Since the car crash that took her father’s life three years ago, Emma’s life has been a freaky—and unending—lesson in caution. Surviving “accidents” has taken priority over being a normal seventeen-year-old, so Emma spends her days taking pictures of life instead of living it. Falling in love with a boy was never part of the plan. Falling for a reaper who makes her chest ache and her head spin? Not an option.

It’s not easy being dead, especially for a reaper in love with a girl fate has put on his list not once, but twice. Finn’s fellow reapers give him hell about spending time with Emma, but Finn couldn’t let her die before, and he’s not about to let her die now. He will protect the girl he loves from the evil he accidentally unleashed, even if it means sacrificing the only thing he has left…his soul.

My Thoughts

I crushed on this book before I was able to read it.  You know, those books that you anticipate so much that in your head they are going to just be epic.  In my heart, I just knew that this book would be a 5 out of 5 stars.  So I waited until the kids were asleep, walked upstairs to my reading chair and buckled down.  The Prologue was awesome!  Totally blew me away.  Right away we are introduced to a death scene- with reapers, souls, the living, the shadows and the enemy.


The Prologue met and then exceeded my expectations.  Why then the 3 out of 5 stars?  Well, part of it is my rating system 3 out of 5 stars is still good.  It just means that while I liked the book I was completely okay with interruptions; like twitter, an email, phone call or even a random kid’s birthday party.
Emma, who I was planning on loving to death (pun intended), kinda got on my nerves.  I wanted to shake her and scream- “Man up woman! Fight, fight like you have never fought before darn it, fight for your life!”  Finn was a little too woe is me….  The love of my life….. I can never be with her….  Insert eye roll please.
Now that being said Tara Fuller is an amazing writer.  Why? Dare you ask me?  Well you see that list down below the ratings?  The one of the other characters?  Tara created a circle of Other Characters that will blow your socks off.   
Fuller’s ability to make you fall in love with the secondary characters is an art form.  She brilliantly crafted a group of characters that the readers will fall in love with.  There is no doubt in my mind that other readers will feel the same way.  There were times that I cared more about what Anaya, Easton or Cash were doing than the main characters.

My Ratings 3 out of 5 stars

Other Characters

Anaya- Heaven’s reaper, Finn’s friend and a gentle soul
Easton- Hell’s reaper, Finn’s friend and there is just something about him that you are going to like.  Trust me on this one.
Scott- A shady reaper, trust him if you want but this southern gal knows better.
Cash- Emma’s best friend, neighbor and an all-round great guy.  Hopefully the book next in the series will be about him.
Maeve- An angry soul with a score to settle, too bad it is Emma’s she wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment