Friday, January 1, 2021

Review: This Dark Wolf




Author Everly Frost
Format e-ARC
Print Length 349 pages
Publisher Ever Realm Books
Published Dec. 11, 2020





I am a wolf shifter born with a human soul.
Packless. Mateless. Unable to bond.


Cast out of my pack, I live in a supernatural safe house filled with broken women. Other women come and go, but I remain.

I'm waiting.
For him.
Tristan Masters—the ruthless alpha of the most vicious pack in the city.

He fought for my life when my pack wanted to kill me. He saved me. I should be able to trust him.

But I know better.

Tristan Masters wants my wolf; my killer soul. When he’s ready, he will use me to destroy his enemies.

Tristan thinks he owns me. He thinks there are no consequences because I can't bond to him.

He's going to discover that I am nobody’s to command.

This dark wolf will bite back.

This is a dark urban fantasy romance. Full length. 17+ for sex scenes and language. 

My Opinion 


A wolf shifter without the ability to shift, one with a human soul. An outcast among her pack, one who's own family attacks her. Her half brother along with other alphas in training decide to teach her a lesson. They did not realize how powerful she was, she didn't realize how powerful she was. The most feared alpha steps in to save her, and takes her to the Hidden House, a safe haven for those needing a sanctuary. There she learns and grows, until Tristan needs her again. There is a war coming and she may very well be the secret weapon that he needs. 

Tessa has had a hard life, yet she is not a woo is me kinda girl. She more of an "I get knocked down, but I get up again kinda gal." Tessa has compassion, strength and common sense that some heroines just lack. Her confidence in her abilities is due to her abilities which is just refreshing. She knows she has limits and she tries to overcome them. She understands the inner workings of the pack, and she sees the situations that they are in for what they are. Then enters Tristian who completely changes everything she thought she knew. What she learns and gains at the safe house will forever change her. Heck I may have a girl crush on this one. 

Tristian is a young and feared alpha leader, who steps in to save Tessa from some alpha’s in training. He is an enigma for sure. There wasn’t a minute in the book that I didn’t love him. He just kept getting better and better until well there were no more pages. He allows Tessa to be the alpha female that she is, without feeling threated. It was a breath of fresh air, in a genre where alpha males try to “protect” the females. He is fighting against the odds and his enemies are plentiful. 

The chemistry between Tristian and Tessa is off the charts hot! I mean holy cow- grab a fan and glass of sweet iced tea because honey things are heated from the beginning. The best part though is that the intense chemistry does not take away from the storyline at all. It is there, they acknowledge it and continue to live their best alpha lives. 

The secondary characters bring an added depth to the storyline, both those on Tristian’s side (Jace) and those on Tessa’s (Danika and Iyana). Their bonds with their respective alphas are unbreakable. I for one cannot wait for their reaction to that ending. 

Holy cliffhangers! Color me shocked, surprised and honestly shook. This was one heck of an adventure and how it ends. I just can’t, y’all have to read this one. I went into it with no expectations except that it was a darker urban fantasy than I was used to, by the ending I was just stunned. Beautifully written, a journey about belonging in a world full of rejection. 

My Rating 5 out of 5 stars 


Favorite Quote "Don't forget that you're mine now, Tessa." 


Other People 

Danika- hawk shifter 
Iyana- vampire 
Helen- Mistress of the Hidden House 
Jace- Tristian's Beta 
Cody- Alpha-in-training

No comments:

Post a Comment