Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Review: Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers #2)

Author: Michelle Rowen
Format: eARC
Print Length: 440
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: Feb. 26,2013 

I used to be ordinary Samantha Day, but that's changed. Now, after one dark kiss from a dangerous boy, I can steal someone's soul...or their life. If I give in to the constant hunger inside me, I hurt anyone I kiss. If I don't...I hurt myself. 

Bishop is the one whose kiss I crave most, but if I kiss him, I'll kill him. Then there's another boy, one I can't hurt. One whose kiss seems to miraculously quell my hunger. They're both part of a team of angels and demons that's joined forces in my city to fight a mysterious rising darkness, an evil that threatens everyone I know and love. I just wonder if I'll be able to help Bishop-or if I'm just another part of the darkness he's sworn to destroy.... 

NIGHTWATCHERS 

When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising... 

My Thoughts 


Being a nexus and a Gray is getting to be rather hard on Sam. A Gray means you can’t kiss anyone without taking their soul. To make matters worse- she has a strong desire/drive to kiss anyone and everyone. Whoever made the Grays knew what they were doing. The maker must have been all kinds of evil, or just desperate. 

Bishop is the angel tasked with solving the Gray problem. Since heaven sent him to work on the problem, hell gets to send their own guy, Kraven. Now there is a whole team of demons/angels trying to solve the Gray issue when another problem pops up and with it another angel, Cassandra. 

Sam is an interesting heroine- she is suppose to be evil now that she is a Gray. She is suppose to be collecting souls but for some reason when she was turned into a Gray she kept her soul. This made her know right from wrong- she does not want to take a soul. She is fighting the kissing urge with everything she has. 

Bishop, the angel Sam is in love with, is keeping secrets from her. It’s hard to be around her as well so he is trying to keep his distance. To make matters worse- the only person she can kiss without stealing a soul is Kraven- Bishops real biological brother. 

Wicked Kiss was a nice follow up to Dark Kiss. There were a few places that I felt the pacing was a little slow. But that could have just been me being impatient for the secrets to get revealed. I had a major issue with the love story- but again this could be the practical side of me getting in the way. I totally understand falling in love with Bishop I do, but if the only person I could kiss was Kraven. I would probably have tried to be with him, especially after what gets revealed in this book. There are old faces from the previous book in this one. The revelations at the end of the book definitely will make you want to continue the series. The ending was well wow is all I can say. This reader cannot wait for the third book! 

My Rating 4 stars out of 5 stars 


Favorite Quote “Because,” I whispered, “some things are worth dying for.” 


Other Characters 

Bishop- angel boy, with a soul 
Kraven- demon boy 
Cassandra- angel girl 
Roth-demon boy

1 comment: