Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Teaser Tuesday (10) Magic Bound (Ravencrest Academy, #1)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.


Teaser One

“I’m sorry, but now that your powers have manifested, now that you’re a fully-fledged witch, you can’t stay on pack lands.” Connor pins me with his gaze. “Even if I were to issue a formal invitation for you to stay, our laws can’t protect you anymore. I can’t protect you, but the school can.”

Magic Bound page 24

Who are you protecting her from? Why were her powers bounded? Why does sending her to a school seem like a death sentence?

Teaser Two

She swallows. “I know.” Her gaze moves away from me. “You’re not what I expected, not from what they told me.” 

“What who told you?” 

She flinches. “Never mind. I’ve said too much. You better get back to your room.”

Magic Bound page 84
I do not trust Penny. She is up to something. Why did she have expectations of Selena? What expectations did she have? Oh and who has been talking about her?

Teaser Three

"You are a St. James after all. I don’t know why I ever expected better. You’re just as bad as everything I ever thought about your parents. Maybe worse. Perfect, pretty Tristan who always gets what he wants.”

"I always get what I want? he asks, the question carried on a huff of incredulity. "If only that were true..."

Magic Bound page 157
Am I the only one wondering what Tristan wants? Or maybe who?

No comments:

Post a Comment