Monday, October 14, 2019

Review: Wicked Omen


Author Megan Montero 
Format e-book 
Print Length 229 pages 
Publisher self 
Published September 22, 2019 



There’s no such thing as magical powers. . .

All my life the only kind of magic I’d ever seen was the sparkling jewels on fifth avenue. On the night of my sixteenth birthday all hell breaks loose, and by hell I mean me! I never felt power like this, so dark, so tempting, so out of my control! No one is safe around me. And now I’m being thrown into Warwick Academy.


An academy for the darker side of magic. . .the warlock side.

My captor, my savior, and the bane of my existence, Beckett Dust insists on keeping me here even though we can’t stand each other. I don’t care how drop dead gorgeous he is or that he rules the school like he owns it, I need to stay as far away from him as I can. His deepest desire is to turn me into a weapon in the great war to come. My deepest desire is . . .him. There’s a thin line between love and hate and right now I’m walking it. 


My Opinion 


Wicked Omen (The Royals: Warlock Court) is the first book in the second “season” of The Royals. At the end of Wicked Queen, Beck and Grayson are sent home to sort out their houses (warlock and vampire) this is Beck’s story. While you don’t have to start with the first set of books, I highly recommend it. There will be spoilers from the first season in this review- consider yourself warned. 

Beckett Dust has returned home, to Warwick Academy. One a mission from the angels to take his place as one of the founding bloodlines. Purpose take over the warlock council and throw support to Queen Zinnia. Only in order for him to take over the council he has to have all five founding bloodlines supporting him. Four are known, he grew up with him and are his ride or die guys. The fifth they thought didn’t exist. Until now- Beckett along with Maze, Cross and Ophelia are sent to a nightclub to help a warlock who is coming into their powers. One who may be from one of the founding bloodlines. Little did they know that the warlock they would come to know is actually a girl (all of the other heirs are guys). One who Beckett is pulled towards more than he admits. 

Beckett is a Knight whose purpose is to protect the Queens and help them fight Alataris. So color him surprised when he is sent home. Home is not where the heart is, but instead where the pain is. Let’s not forget his guardian Ridge (who needs to die painfully and slowly), who happens to be the headmaster. There is a lot of pressure placed on Beck, and with his attraction to Astrid coming into play at times he seems like a jackbehind. 

Astrid is new to this world. She is adapting okay, but fights Beckett on everything. Girl I get it, you are independent and don’t need no man. They are still nice to have around to reach the top shelf of the cabinet or to open a jar that is stuck- just saying. She is use to being alone, with only her bestie to keep her company. So I understand why she feels that she can’t let Beckett control her, still though sister something has gotta give in order for you to find “love”. Astrid has some mad powers, and they are not all unlocked. It will be interesting to see what happens when they are. 

This one ends on a cliffhanger- one where one of the characters realizes how much they care and the other pain is involved. I cannot wait to see what happens next, and if the chemistry between these two heats up! Here is hoping to yes! I also want to know more about the other founding bloodline heirs. Most importantly though, will Ophelia and Cross kiss? 

My Rating 4 out of 5 stars 


Favorite Quote Never trust a girl who doesn’t wear sweatpants when they’re alone. 


Other People 


Medusa- she’s Medusa, yep snakes in the head 
Cross- one of the five founding bloodlines of the warlock court 
Ophelia- she is still my favorite 
Tilly- Astrid’s human bestie 
Orin- demon cat 
Kitty- evil mean girl

No comments:

Post a Comment