Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday (32) Wicked Omen



Hey y'all, thanks so much for stopping by my WoW! 
Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.






There’s no such thing as magic

Most orphans grow up in foster homes not penthouse suites on the Upper East Side. Everyone always tells me how lucky I am. I know they’re right, and I am grateful…but I don’t belong here. It all feels so…empty.

In the pit of my stomach I know there has to be more to the world than this. The money, the spoiled rich life doesn’t feel like my own. Darkness lingers all around me and I feel it’s draw. It sings to me like a siren’s song and I’ve lost the willpower to ignore it.

And then he shows up. His name is Beckett Dust, and he’s infuriating. Drop dead gorgeous, but he makes my blood boil. He tells me of a secret world hiding in plain sight, one of magic and power. He paints a pretty picture of a life I’d always dreamed of then takes me to a magical academy to train for a war I have to fight. I’m surrounded by people who want me to fail and he is nowhere to be found.

I’m in over my head and now… they want to use me as a weapon.

Why am I waiting?


I read her Royals series, binge read it really and liked it a lot.  Of course, it does help that it is an academy book with Warlocks.

2 comments: