Friday, February 1, 2019

Fandom Friday (5) The Magicians


Hey y’all, thanks so much for stopping by my FF!

Fandom Friday is a weekly meme that highlights, various fandoms. Typically those that I am definitely a part of, sometimes those that I am not a part of but do feel strongly should have a fandom surrounding them.

The month of February is going to be dedicated to television shows that I love.

Currently in it’s fourth season, and just renewed for a fifth, The Magicians, is a fantasy series based on novels by Lev Grossman. Centered around a group of graduate students at Brakebills College for Magical Pedagogy, it’s fandom is quiet vocal about how captivating the storylines are. The first three season can be binged watched on Netflix for those of who have yet to discover magic for adults.


Why I am a fan?

Brakebills can easily be compared to Hogwarts as a school for magical users yet that is where the comparison ends. This is definitely an adult show with adult themes and situations. Sometimes lighthearted and other times serious as all get out. Weekly it is the one show currently on tv that I stop and make time for, clearing out my schedule and the living room of my children so that I can once again escape to a land where magic runs freely or at least it did.

I have to know what is going on with Quentin, Eliot, Margo, Julia, Penny, Kadie, Josh and even Alice. Who admittedly I am still a little annoyed with, although I am sure she will redeem herself later on. Dean Fogg is nothing like the headmasters that we are use to and yet there is something about his faith in those that he teaches that keeps us hoping nothing bad happens to him.  Mainly, it is the relationships between the characters that brings me back week after week to see how they are doing.


Polls and quizzes one could take:

The Magicians Personality Quiz 
The Magicians Brakebills University Gold Crest Hooded SweatshirtFillory and Further Dad Hat - The MagiciansThe Magicians Snobby People Standard T-Shirt

Memes: 


Related image


Image result for the magicians memes
Image result for the magicians going full britney 07
Related image























































Gifs:




via GIPHY


via GIPHY




via GIPHY

via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment