Friday, February 23, 2018

Review: Skyborn

Author Leia Stone
Format e-book
Print Length 284 pages
Publisher self
Published Dec. 26, 2017

36694499Alone, on the run, and fighting for her life. 

Sloane Murphy thought hiking the Grand Canyon alone after graduation would be an awesome adventure. Until she slips and starts to plummet to her death. Then the unthinkable happens. 



After flying to safety and trying to convince herself she isn’t having a mental breakdown, the hunters come for her. She runs, somehow managing to stay one step ahead of them. Until her luck runs out. Now the hunters have her and they intend to kill, not capture. 

That’s when he comes for her. 

Logan Sharp is the last dragon shifter alive. Or so he thinks, until he gets word that the druids are hunting a red headed female. His team takes her in, sheltering her because there is a truth she must learn: if the skyborn die out, then so does humanity. 

But Sloane is hiding a dark secret that she doesn’t even know yet. A secret that could change everything. 

(Recommended reading age 16+ due to language.)



My Opinion


As a huge dragon shifter fan, I went into this book thinking I was going to love it. I had already read two separate series by the author, one I loved (she co-authored this one) and one I hated. So there was a little bit of worry on that front. I came out of the book thinking it was okay, interesting enough to continue reading the series but if I miss a release date I would be okay.

Sloane is a bit of an annoying heroine. She turns into a dragon, which is awesome and yet she whines when they want to train her. This is just unacceptable to me- girl put your big girl pants on and deal. She just wasn’t really relatable. She tries to come off as being a strong, kick butt kinda gal but to me it read as she was basic.

Logan is interesting in that he is supposed to be the only dragon shifter out there. He’s not. A fact that he seems to accept a little to readily, especially if he has been on the run for his life for the better part of this century. I mean how does he know that he can trust her, especially if magical druids are after him.

The chemistry between the two fell flat for me. I wanted to see something more, anything more. Just because you are the last two dragons on the earth, or at least think you are doesn’t mean you have to be together. The secondary characters were way more interesting than the main.

There is a lot of potential for this series, and I want to see it reach even half of what it could be. So I will optimistically continue with the series, hoping that the main characters will grow with the word count of the next novel.

My Rating 3 out of 5 stars


Favorite Quote I was the only chick in America not to own a pair of yoga pants.


Other People

Sophie- mean shifter gal
Nadine- nice wolf shifter gal
Eva- Sorcerer

No comments:

Post a Comment