Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (3) Long May She Reign



Hey y'all, thanks so much for stopping by my WoW!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




The Girl of Fire and Thorns meets The Queen of the Tearling in this thrilling fantasy standalone about one girl’s unexpected rise to power.

Freya was never meant be queen. Twenty third in line to the throne, she never dreamed of a life in the palace, and would much rather research in her laboratory than participate in the intrigues of court. However, when an extravagant banquet turns deadly and the king and those closest to him are poisoned, Freya suddenly finds herself on the throne.

Freya may have escaped the massacre, but she is far from safe. The nobles don’t respect her, her councillors want to control her, and with the mystery of who killed the king still unsolved, Freya knows that a single mistake could cost her the kingdom – and her life.

Freya is determined to survive, and that means uncovering the murderers herself. Until then, she can’t trust anyone. Not her advisors. Not the king’s dashing and enigmatic illegitimate son. Not even her own father, who always wanted the best for her, but also wanted more power for himself.

As Freya’s enemies close in and her loyalties are tested, she must decide if she is ready to rule and, if so, how far she is willing to go to keep the crown.

Why am I waiting?


Did you see the cover? Did you read the blurb? 23rd in line and she inherits the throne…. Very excited about this one.

10 comments:

  1. I've just seen this on another blog and I had to note it down! Looks and sounds pretty interesting, so I really hope it's going to be an amazing read :D

    Thanks for sharing, here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh nice! Excited for this one too! Though I still want to read her first series just to make sure I enjoy her style! Lol!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blurb tho! I'm so excited for this book to come out. I hope we both love it when we get to read it.
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cover a lot! I don't think I'll be reading this one since I didn't like the author's debut duology, and that's okay. I kind of still want a finished copy of this book because the cover is amazing. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic week, Angela. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knowing this is a standalone makes it intriguing for me! And it sounds really good. I hope you enjoy reading it, Angela.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to read this one for so long now, and somehow I can't fit it into my reading schedule. Hopefully soon, though XD Wonderful pick! I have high expectations for this book :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah this is one of my most anticipated this year. I have such high hopes! I absolutely adore political intrigue in fantasy YA, so this is right up my alley. Awesome pick! Here is my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing choice! I cannot wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I added this to my list too! Thanks!! *wink*

    ReplyDelete