Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (35) A Shadow Bright & Burning


Hey y'all, thanks so much for stopping by my WoW!

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.






Henrietta Howel can burst into flames.

Forced to reveal her power to save a friend, she's shocked when
instead of being executed, she's invited to train as one of Her Majesty's royal sorcerers.

Thrust into the glamour of Victorian London, Henrietta is declared the chosen one, the girl who will defeat the Ancients, bloodthirsty demons terrorizing humanity. She also meets her fellow sorcerer trainees, handsome young men eager to test her power and her heart. One will challenge her. One will fight for her. One will betray her.

But Henrietta Howel is not the chosen one.
As she plays a dangerous game of deception, she discovers that the sorcerers have their own secrets to protect. With battle looming, what does it mean to not be the one? And how much will she risk to save the city--and the one she loves?

Exhilarating and gripping, Jessica Cluess's spellbinding fantasy introduces Henrietta Howel, a powerful, unforgettable heroine, and an entertaining world filled with magic, monsters, and mayhem.

Why I am Waiting?


A royal sorcerer, a school, magic. Sounds like my kinda book.

10 comments:

  1. I'm really intrigued! I didn't know about this one, but it definitely sounds like my cup of tea!

    Thanks for sharing, here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! Curious about this one and hearing good early buzz over it too! Hope you enjoy it as well once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this one! It's the bit about her not being the chosen one that grabbed my attention! EXcited to see where this leads in the end. Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/08/31/waiting-on-wednesday-the-outside-lands/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one was very intriguing. I enjoyed the story. Hope you will :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this book around and I do find the synopsis interesting...
    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=11227”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
  6. This doesn't sound like something I normally read, but I hope you enjoy it!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved A Shadow Bright and Burning, it's such a strong Fantasy debut! I hope you love it as much as I did ^_^

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  8. The time period sounds so good! Great pick

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds very interesting, and the cover!!!! Will be adding it to my TBR list. :)

    My WoW


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeep, I'm reading this one soon! I'm excited (though I hope the romance is not as messy as it could be). I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it, Angela!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a great week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete