Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Teaser Tuesday (18) Broken Wings


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.

Teaser One


"Did you think I brought you back into my life for love?"

 She looked her nose down on me. 

“I told you I needed you. Delta is a five part company, formed by your great-great-grandparents. We have a lot of control in America … we have a lot of control in the world. But you need an heir to remain on the board and vote. I’m not giving up my vote.” 

She smiled with saccharine sweetness. “Blood is thicker than water, daughter.”

Broken Wings Kindle Location 1209

How did Catherine give birth to two children? She has no maternal bone in her body. I really hope she dies.

Teaser Two


“Stop threatening me,” I whispered, our gazes locked together so I could see the storminess in his gray depths. “I’ve already lost everything, death is not my worst fear.”

Broken Wings Kindle Location 1235

Riley really does sound broken here. Maybe this is where half of the title comes from. How will Beck decide to respond to this? Will he understand what she means? Or keep being a jerk?

Teaser Three


“If you don’t want me to test my new skills on you, you better back up on the Dante thing. He’s my best friend. I won’t give him up. You’re just going to have to learn to play nice with him.”

Broken Wings Kindle Location 3285

Thank goodness Riley finally stands up to Beck- granted it is for Dante. Who I still think is shady but he is her bestie and a girl has to do what a girl has to do.














1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice teasers! This sounds like a fun read! I hope you enjoy the rest!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete