Friday, October 14, 2016

Review: Remember Yesterday

Author Pintip Dunn
Format e-ARC
Print Length 400 pages
Publisher Entangled: Teen
Published October 4, 2016
The sequel to the sci-fi hit Forget Tomorrow is a twisting, turning roller-coaster ride—the perfect sci-fi futuristic read.

Seventeen-year-old Jessa Stone is the most valuable citizen in Eden City. Her psychic abilities could lead to significant scientific discoveries -- if only she'd let TechRA study her. But after they kidnapped and experimented on her as a child, cooperating with the scientists is the last thing Jessa would do. 

But when she discovers the past isn't what she assumed, Jessa must join forces with budding scientist Tanner Callahan to rectify a fatal mistake made ten years ago. She'll do anything to change her past -- even if it means aligning herself with the enemy she swore to defeat. 

My Opinion


Thank you to Entangled: Teen and Netgalley for allowing me to review this novel. This in no way influenced my review.

Ten years has passed since the events of Forget Tomorrow. Ten years is a long time for someone to feel unworthy, unloved and basically unwanted. Ten years of wondering if the wrong daughter died is enough to make anyone doubt themselves. 

Callie saved her little sister Jessa, ten years ago. Jessa grew up in Harmony with Mike, Angela and Logan. Her momma remained behind as an anchor for her time traveling daddy. This of course led to some major momma issues. Jessa keeps looking for ways to make sure her sister’s sacrifice was not in vain. Her plans though ruin the research of Tanner, a boy genius who is supposed to be the founder of future memories.

I do not like Jessa. I know a main character that I enjoyed reading about but didn’t like- hard to imagine. I pretty much didn’t like her from the first sentence that came out of her mind. Yet, I understood where she was coming from. She kept comparing herself to Callie, which is silly. They are two different people. Her interactions with others were based on what her sister would have done which drove me insane. Survival guilt, it can be Hades. I did however love her interaction with Tanner.

Tanner as the boy genius and love interest for Jessa was just perfection. He is full of himself- in regards to his importance and his brains. It comes off sometimes as arrogant, but I loved it. I literally ate it up. He stole the show in every scene that he is in. I enjoyed how he tries to protect her, and how he pushes her away. I loved the verbal banter they would get into with each other.

Remember Yesterday is a good follow-up to Forget Tomorrow. The reader gets to find out what happens to all their old favorites and yet still learn to like new ones. The scenes with Logan about broke my heart into tiny pieces. Chairwoman Dresden needs a big kick in the behind, and hopefully Jessa’s momma and daddy will get back to the same timeline and age. There is supposed to be a third book in the series Seize Today which comes out next October so hopefully all of my bookish dreams for this series comes true then.

My Rating 4 out of 5 stars


Favorite Quote “All you have to do is exist, form one second to the next.”


Other People

Logan- Callie’s ex-boyfriend
Olivia- Chairwoman Dresden’s daughter
Ryder- Jessa’s bestie

No comments:

Post a Comment