Thursday, February 20, 2020

Review: Daizlei Academy Boxset: Completed Series



Author Kel Carpenter 
Format e-book 
Print Length 1246 pages 
Publisher Self 
Published Dec. 14, 2019 

VAMPIRE ACADEMY meets X-MEN in this completed new adult series!

There’s only one rule in the world I come from.
Keep our existence a secret. Period.

The day my sister broke that rule one too many times, I knew there would be consequences. I expected us to be sent to one of those schools for “troubled” kids—and maybe Daizlei Academy was, in a way. But really, it was far more complicated than that.


You see, I thought that world had forgotten me. Forgotten us. For years we were left alone, and one day . . . we weren’t.

It was only when I got there that I remembered the second rule:
Trust no one.

Because in our world? They would kill me if they knew the truth of what I am.

Daizlei Academy is a school for Supernaturals.

And me? I’m so much more.

*This is a New Adult Academy series with slow-burn romance and a strong but flawed heroine. It is labeled New Adult for stronger language and some mature situations. As the heroine ages and grows so does the content of the stories.*

This boxset contains:
1. Heir of Shadows
2. Scion of Midnight
3. Queen of Lies
4. Vessel of Destruction 



My Opinion 


Selena and her sisters have been passed around from foster home to foster home since their parents have died. Once thought extinct, she is the first telekinetic supernatural in a really long time. The Council does not know how to handle her, the Academy cannot hold her, and there are people who want her dead. Friends become enemies, sisters become strangers, and life as she knows it will never be the same again. 

Selena is a strong woman who knows her own strength and does not play the damsel in distress very well. I loved her! She had to make the hard decisions and she does. She doesn’t hesitate. If she is wrong then she will face the consequences. If she is right, the world survives. She ways the odds, goes after what she wants and finds ways around the perimeters of every situation. 

The love interest starts off with one guy and then the script is flipped. What a flip it was! Holy heck I did not see it coming. At first I was angry about it just like Selena was but as it grew so did my understanding. The author does a good job of making you like both guys. There is no triangle, the lines are clearly defined. Until well you have to see just be ready for the emotional sucker punch that is coming. 

The secondary characters are pretty awesome and while they take a back seat throughout the series you can’t help but wonder if the author is going to continue with spin-off in this world. I sure hope so because Blair needs her own book, so does Johanna (okay so technically she has her own book) but even Amber eventually deserves one. Trust that you will like them as much as I do. 

Holy cowziers! This series rocked my world! It has it all: enemies to lovers, sibling rivalry, government corruption, paranormal powers, allies and so much more. The action is packed, the romance sprinkled throughout as to not overwhelm the reader. You feel as if you become a part of the world, the adrenaline starts pumping and you have to know what happens next. 

My Rating 4 out of 5 stars 


Favorite Quote Guard your heart, and tread lightly. 


Other People 


Blair- cousin, ice power 
Alexandra- sister, fire power 
Lily- sister, healing power 
Anastasia- the big baddie 
Tori- Lucas’ sister, Selena’s roomie 
Alec- Lucas’ and Tori’s big brother 
Amber- Selena’s other roomie 
Johanna- noble, supernatural

1 comment:

  1. Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete